Jhpiego Grant Contract and Budget Manager Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Jhpiego Ethiopia looking for “Grant Contract and Budget Manager”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 06th February, 2024.
The Jhpiego Fund, commonly known as Jhpiego, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
The Jhpiego has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th January,2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Grant Contract and Budget Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Jhpiego Job Vacancy 2024
- Directs and manages others through a team approach including selecting, training, supervising, mentoring, and developing staff in the unit
- Keep abreast of changes in national laws, donor rules and Jhpiego rules regarding contracts, grants and budget and recommends changes to Jhpiego policies as needed
- Drafts Technical Service Contracts and co-reviews TSCs and modifications for leases, services, etc. base on the Jhpiego goods and services procurement procedures and approved BVS.
- Responsible for tracking Technical Service Contracts and Lease Agreements validity dates and ensure contractual amount are not exceeded,
- Responsible to ensure the terms and conditions of subcontracts and contracts are in compliance with the Ethiopian Government, Jhpiego and donor rules and regulations.
- Understands the terms and conditions of awards and supports to monitor its implementation
- Organize necessary orientation on grants/awards requirement on new awards at its start
- Monitors Project spending trends, working together with Program team for proper project spending in a monthly basis
- Reviews and updates Project Implementation budget together with program team as necessary,
- Follow up modification, renewal and closeout of awards,
- Involved in sub grants and FAAs management cycle as a key finance person
- Participates in negotiating the terms and conditions of agreements with sub-awardees and contractors
- Conducts sub recipients field financial reviews and produces review reports with findings,
- Guide and assists qualification process for grants and FAAs including capability assessment of prospective grantees
- Reviews monthly Sub-Recipients financial reports and recommend for reimbursement
- Monitors Sub-Recipients obligated funds and spending by line item.
- Monthly update Sub-recipients advance and expenditure tracker
- Follow up Subs VAT refund requests
- Review Monthly Financial Management Report (FMR) and follow up the action items in collaboration with the program team
- Prepare/Review Quarterly, bi-annually and annual donor finance reports together with head quarter support staff
- Prepare pipeline analysis on monthly and quarterly basis and alert the program staff on program spending
- Follow up and track cost share reports and documentation
- Provides input to NBD team to develop realistic proposal budgets, involves in proposal budget reviews
- Develop implementation budgets, budget narratives, and budget modifications for accuracy of calculations, for internal consistency, and to ensure all budgeted costs are allowable and in accordance with donor regulations
- Produce monthly budget monitoring reports and support budget holder in reviewing the reports and actions, and Prepare/review Pipeline analysis for programs and sub-awardee
- Ensures Project implementation budget entry to QuickBooks. Follow over/under spending of in-country budget
- Ensure annual budget and monthly budget forecasting entered in BOARD system, and follow up with US Office Project Finance Manager
- Ensure ACSO compliance in budget and proposals preparations.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Grant Contract and Budget Manager
- Job ID: 2024-580
- Location: ET-Addis Ababa
- Category: International Positions
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Masters and/or CPA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in professional accounting, financial management, budgeting or auditing, preferably within an US Government Agency, international Agency, NGO or national health agency of which at least 4 years in supervisory position
- Expert knowledge of professional management principles, theories practices and terminology; of the laws, regulations and procedure governing US agency financial management. Good working knowledge of budget and fiscal procedures; contracting & procurement regulation. Preferably Financial Project Management Cycle knowledge.
- (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Amharic is required.
How to Apply Jhpiego Grant Contract and Budget Manager Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 06th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.