Jhpiego Regional Government Affairs and Policy Lead Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Jhpiego Ethiopia looking for “Regional Government Affairs and Policy Lead”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 03rd February, 2024.
The Jhpiego Fund, commonly known as Jhpiego, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
The Jhpiego has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January,2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Government Affairs and Policy Lead to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Jhpiego Job Vacancy 2024
- Growing and managing a pan-African Intergovernmental Working Group – including three thematic sub-groups – to develop, champion, and operationalize a policy blueprint to fast-track the adoption of health tech innovation within the public sector;
- Organizing a Policy Blueprint Summit that will convene stakeholders from across Africa to engage in policy dialogue;
- Engaging with multi-country policymakers and enterprises to identify key innovation barriers and facilitators to inform policy action,
- Identifying and onboarding new country governments under the policy blueprint and intergovernmental working group initiative.
- Contribute to donor reporting and engagement, development of HTHA’s long-term sustainability plan, strategic partnership engagement and management, communications, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Overall planning and delivery of activities for HTHA’s Policy Blueprint pillar, while driving alignment with key regional stakeholders such as Africa CDC and the African Union.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Regional Government Affairs and Policy Lead
- Job ID: 2024-5810
- Location: ET-Addis Ababa
- Category: International Positions
- Employment Status: Full-Time
Education and Experience:
- Min 7 years of experience in government affairs and policy development in international development.
- Multi-country policy and advocacy health development experience
- Deep understanding of the Africa region’s health development policy, financing and health technology discourse
- Previous experience inclusive of the above in similar positions or closely related such as advisor, program manager, or other work as relevant to the position
- An experienced technical writer with high proficiency development of technical reports, presentations, policy briefs and white papers, among others
- Understanding of needs and challenges faced by social innovators working in health technology ecosystem in Africa
- Experience managing health policy advocacy networks, platforms, and programs in the Africa region
- A dynamic strategist and thinker with strong problem solving and decision-making skills: identifying the problem; locating, gathering, and organizing relevant information; generating alternatives; choosing a solution; implementing the solution
- A team player with strong teamwork skills: identifying team membership and role; establishing productive relationships; meeting team objectives; resolving conflicts
- Experience handling program tasks (e.g., work plans, reporting, budgeting, documentation)
- Demonstrated superior organizational skills and excellent written and oral communication skills with diverse groups; including ability to communicate with high-level stakeholders
- Experience managing partner relationships and coordinating among multiple stakeholders.
- English and French bilingual speaker preferred.
How to Apply Jhpiego Regional Government Affairs and Policy Lead Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 03rd February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.