CHAI Senior Health Workforce Advisor Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
CHAI Zimbabwe looking for “Senior Health Workforce Advisor”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 10, 2023.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
The CHAI has published a job vacancy announcement on November 28, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Health Workforce Advisor to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
CHAI Job Vacancy 2023
- Deliver technical assistance in human capacity and workforce development with government partners.
- Work with the government and relevant partners to operationalize Zimbabwe’s new national HRH policy and strategy and establish feedback loops for continuous improvement.
- Assist the MOHCC in conducting Human Resources for Health (HRH) situation analyses to identify challenges in retention across provinces.
- Work closely with the MOHCC to update and use human resources for health (HRH) information system(s) for analysis and decision-making.
- Support the MOHCC in developing a formal retention strategy based on the situational analysis results.
- Work with relevant personnel to develop and test MNCH capacity strengthening (i.e., mentorship programs) and staff retention strategies in project areas. Develop/revise and ensure that the project’s capacity development tools–training materials, job aides, standard operating protocols, and other materials—reflect local context and needs and are of high quality.
- Ensure that the delivery of training and mentoring is cost-effective, consistent, efficient, and meets or exceeds project and MOHCC expectations.
- Monitor the implementation of workforce development and retention activities against approved objectives, budgets, and key project indicators. Serve as a technical resource to project personnel on issues of design, methods, and interpretation of results related to capacity strengthening.
- Work with the project’s technical and MERL specialists and its MOHCC and USAID stakeholders to determine the project monitoring and evaluation metrics.
- Contribute to program learning (implementation research) design, evaluation activities, and use of their results.
- Contribute to regular progress reports and other technical documents.
Position in Organization:
- Senior Health Workforce Advisor
- Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Graduate degree in management, human resources development, public administration, organizational development, or a related field.
- Minimum seven years of senior-level experience in developing and implementing health workforce initiatives in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Background working in health systems strengthening, health workforce, or health financing.
- Knowledge of a wide range of organizational development models and instructional design and participatory training/adult education methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to use and teach the use of HRH data to identify and address gaps in staffing and staff retention.
- Experience building strong working partnerships with senior-level government representatives, civil society organizations, other donors, and the local private sector.
- Experience bringing new and innovative local partners into programs and developing their organizational and implementation capacities.
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet applications.
- Analytical modeling experience, including experience developing tools in Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varied professional, cultural, and educational backgrounds.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional task management skills, including developing work plans and tracking tools to meet project deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- A critical thinker with well-developed problem-solving, leadership, and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work with teams across time zones and locations.
- Ability to work with humility and achieve results.
- Ability to travel.
How to Apply CHAI Senior Health Workforce Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 10, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WFP Data Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNDP Field Security Associate Jobs 2023
- CIMMYT Senior Coordinator Jobs 2023
- WFP Knowledge Management Officer Jobs 2023
- UNDP Communications Officer Jobs 2023
- WHO Medical Officer Jobs 2023
- UNOPS Construction Engineering Technician Jobs 2023
- Abt Associates IT Specialist Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Logistics and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
- FAO National AMR Coordinator Jobs 2023