LWF Caseworker Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
LWF Uganda looking for “Caseworker”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before January 07, 2024.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of national and regional Lutheran denominations headquartered in the Ecumenical Centre in Geneva, Switzerland. The federation was founded in the Swedish city of Lund in the aftermath of the Second World War in 1947 to coordinate the activities of the many differing Lutheran churches. Since 1984, the member churches are in pulpit and altar fellowship, with common doctrine as the basis of membership and mission activity.
The LWF has published a job vacancy announcement on December 25, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Caseworker to be based in Kiryandongo, Uganda.
LWF Job Vacancy 2024
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide GBV case management services through high quality and confidential interventions in line with minimum standards for service provision and SOPs. This will include building client capacity, assessment of needs, development of an action plan for recovery, development of a safety plan when needed, conducting referrals to relevant services, implementing the action plan and ensuring appropriate follow up and case closure when appropriate;
- Provide direct support and care for adult survivors of GBV and age-appropriate specialized support and care for adolescent survivors of GBV, including counselling and case management.
- Follow GBV guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, and safety/security and non- discrimination while providing services
- Work closely with other stake holders for the integration of the survivors back into community and enhance access to livelihood opportunities for GBV survivors to support their healing and reintegration process.
- Working with ‘at risk’ young people, their families, community, to strengthen community-based interventions.
- Carry out routine visits to the protection/safe houses and asses the needs of the survivors under safe keeping and the general state of safe houses.
- Ensure up-to-date filing and documentation of GBV cases in line with set standards.
- Provide GBV survivors with information and resources to access services and make appropriate referrals to other service providers if required.
- Offer basic psychosocial support services to survivors. Determine the need for therapeutic psychosocial or psychiatric support for further referral to specialized service providers.
- Support the daily implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SGBV- related projects and interventions for risk mitigation strategies to decrease vulnerability to GBV in the area of jurisdiction.
- Ensure that all the GBV interventions adheres to protection standards and principles.
- Contribute to quality and timely report writing of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Caseworker – GBV
- Organization: LWF World Service
- Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Uganda
- Number of positions: (4) Four
- Report to: Case Management Supervisor
- The individual for the job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree Psychology, guidance and counselling, social work and social administration, social sciences, development studies, or any related fields.
- Ability to ride with a valid Class A driving permit
- Competent skills in information management including MS Packages, ProGres V4, SurveyCTO
- 2+ years of experience in providing SGBV case management;
- Knowledge of GBV, child protection and PSS basic principles;
- Knowledge of GBV case management principles;
- Demonstrated experience in working on women’s protection such as empowerment programs, reproductive health, counselling, etc.
- Previous experience in working with communities, running GBV prevention curricula, raising awareness and providing services in shelters and village settings.
- Good communication and psychosocial first aid skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply LWF Caseworker Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: January 07, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- LWF Project Assistant Jobs 2024
- LWF Project Officer Jobs 2024
- Pathfinder International Administrative Coordinator Jobs 2023
- IRC Care Giver Volunteer Jobs 2023
- IRC Team Up Facilitator Jobs 2023
- IRC MEAL Officer Jobs 2024
- IRC Paralegal model Toolkit and Training Manual Development Consultant Jobs 2024
- IRC Justice Systems Analysis Toolkit Development Consultant Jobs 2024