UNHCR Driver Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Driver”.
Applicants with a High School Diploma may apply on or before December 21, 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Berhale, Ethiopia.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
- Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned
- UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
- Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility.
- Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Driver
- Location: Berhale, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id: JR2332964
- Deadline: 21st December, 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Driver Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- UNHCR Assistant Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Receptionist Jobs 2023
- DRC Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Wash Assistant Hygiene Promotion Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Senior Regional Coordination Adviser Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Safety and Security Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Cleaner Jobs 2023