IRC Deputy Director Supply Chain Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IRC Ethiopia looking for “Deputy Director Supply Chain”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before December 24, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 08, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Director Supply Chain to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Major Responsibilities Include:
- He/she is responsible for the department activity planning. They will coordinate closely with partners to develop plans to support timely and efficient program implementation. Supply chain plans include detailed and up to date procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans, staffing plans, distribution/dispatching plans and training plans.
- Proactively participate in BVA/ Project Cycle Meetings, including project design, project planning, project opening, project review, project close-out and project learning meetings to ensure that supply chain related issues are well articulated to all partners and resolved for successful project delivery.
- Prepare and maintain consolidated annual procurement plans and develop/maintain country program sourcing strategy for all active and pipeline grants in partnership with program teams.
- He/She owns leads and drives the procurement strategies, policies, and procedures. He/she ensures all country program procurement needs are met on time likewise the standards.
- Ensure Donor compliance during procurement.
- Adhere timely procurement contracts.
- Lead market surveys and analyses by collecting, organizing, and analyzing market data and share results with program team and field Coordinators and Managers on a regular basis.
- Create a strategy and lead the Master Agreements (MPA & MSA) and RFQ/RFP Processes and completing a purchase request process.
- Handle negotiations for high spent categories by developing strategies.
- Ensure review and execution of procurement contracts in timely fashion.
- Proactively engage with Programs, Suppliers, Partners, NGOs, logistics clusters and other partners to ensure good coordination and adequate information sharing to address common concerns or risks affecting the market.
- Organize procurement trainings sessions for procurement / tender committees in the field offices and non – supply chain staff if deemed vital.
- Identifying fraud and corruption red flags and address them, in a timely manner, through the appropriate channels.
- Establish /revise as appropriate reasonable and appropriate lead-time for all procurement and deliveries.
- Make sure supply chain monthly and quarterly reports are analyzed and communicated to partners including key actions to be taken and submitted on time to the leadership team.
- Review the department key performance indicators and set improvement plans.
- Ensure all vendors’ history and performance Information, is properly documented and procurement transaction files and supplier files maintained according to the applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Work with Field Offices Supply Chain lead and other staff and Field Coordinator and Managers to ensure effectiveness, countrywide uniformity of supply chain structure and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with supply chain field leads and other staff to ensure that there is sufficient spaces in the warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure the BVA online system is current and up to date, including oversight of the quality of date entry by SC staff and monitoring of the validity of open Purchase Requests which are older than three months.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req47194
- Job Title: Deputy Director Supply Chain
- Sector: Supply Chain
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 8-10 years related experience with postgraduate or with first degree, respectively in Business management/Management, Accounting, Purchasing and Supplies management or related fields of study.
- Advanced professional certification in supply chain management and/or emergency response management is strongly preferred.
- At least 6 years of senior-level management experience.
- Experience working in diversified team.
- Experience working with in an ERP environment.
- Experience with Data Analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop and roll-out supply chain policy and SOPs.
- Clear training and mentoring ability.
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Fluency in English & Amharic are required, ability in other local languages is a plus.
How to Apply IRC Deputy Director Supply Chain Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47194?c=rescue
The Closing Date: December 24, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- UNHCR Driver Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Assistant Information Management Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Receptionist Jobs 2023
- DRC Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Wash Assistant Hygiene Promotion Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Senior Regional Coordination Adviser Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Safety and Security Officer Jobs 2023