Mercy Corps Cash and Voucher Assistance Voucher Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. Mercy Corps Kenya looking for “Cash and Voucher Assistance Voucher Advisor”. Applicants with a Bachelor degree may apply on or before 10 June 2023.
Mercy Corps has been working in Kenya for over 30 years. With the formation of the independent Republic of Kenya in July 2011, Mercy Corps established a Country Office and has staff working all over the country to help build government institutions. Mercy Corps has maintained its presence in Kenya despite significant challenges in the operating environment by adopting a flexible approach to its work with the Government of Kenya.
The Mercy Corps has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Cash and Voucher Assistance Voucher Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2023
General Position Summary: The Cash & Voucher Assistance Voucher (CVA)Advisor’s goal is to strengthen, scale, and build an evidence base on CVA programming within Mercy Corps’ portfolio Africa. The CVA Advisor will work closely with Mercy Corps teams across the African continent, regional and headquarters teams, to mobilize and lead effective humanitarian CVA in response to food insecurity, climate shocks, and conflict.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop Mercy Corps’ CVA strategy for response across the region and ensure it encompasses elements of broader agency goals such as resilience, food security, market systems strengthening, youth development and women’s empowerment.
- Facilitate cross-learning and exchange with CVA teams across the region.
- Identify potential opportunities for alignment and strengthening government-led cash-based social protection assistance.
- Ensure robust market analyses and monitoring mechanisms are in place to inform ongoing CVA and conditions for scale and adaptation over time.
- Strengthen market systems where needed to enhance the enabling environment for HH-level CVA; this may include developing frameworks for supporting and working with traders, designing agreements, subsidies to govern specific trading items, quality, delivery timeframe and prices.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of experience in CVA required (i.e. writing and analysis on proposal development; humanitarian assessments; CVA implementation; CVA capacity building);
- at least one response assignment that demonstrates the ability to successfully adapt support and assistance methodologies to real-world complexities (slow onset, rapid onset, protracted/complex crises) – required
- BA/BS or equivalent in Humanitarian Affairs, International Development, Economics or other relevant field; MA/S preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required
- Proficiency with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Mercy Corps Core Humanitarian Competencies (as defined in the Humanitarian Capacity Framework) preferred.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Mercy Corps Cash and Voucher Assistance Voucher Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.