UNMISS Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Human Rights Officer”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 21st December 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Human Rights Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) with duty station, Juba. Juba is classified in the “E” category and as a non-family duty station. The incumbent reports to the Senior Women’s Protection Adviser of the Human Rights Division, under the overall guidance and direction of the Director of the Human Rights Division (HRD).
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in law, political science, international relations, social sciences, information systems management or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in human rights monitoring and investigation, political affairs, international relations, law or related area is required.
- At least two years of field experience in monitoring, verification, analysis, reporting, on sexual violence in a conflict or post-conflict setting, in compliance with UN methodology and guidelines/tools in observance of international human rights and humanitarian law is required.
- At least two years of field experience engaging with and advising senior security forces officials and organized armed groups leaders on conflict related sexual violence is required.
- Experience in managing technical cooperation and in programme management – experience in designing, implementing, evaluating and reporting on projects, in compliance with HRDDP is required
- At least three (3) years of experience supervising a team is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Job Opening ID: 223429
- Job Network: Political, Peace and Humanitarian
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription………
The Closing Date: 21st December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.