NRC Disaster Risk Assessment Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. NRC Kenya looking for “Disaster Risk Assessment Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before May 02 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Disaster Risk Assessment Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Description: The Disaster Risk Assessment (DRA) Expert will work closeIy with the IGAD DRM Coordinator and the Senior DRM Expert to undertake all the project activities related to regional hazard and risk assessment and mapping. The DRA Expert will also undertake regional and national capacity development trainings for Member States to develop spatial and non-spatial baseline data for disaster risk assessment, hazard monitoring and early warning system.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Advanced skills in risk assessment including developing methodologies for mapping exposure, vulnerability and other risk metrics preferably in a GIS based system automation environment
- Support IGAD/ICPAC and more specifically the DRM program in the development of hazard and risk assessment products that will be used for impact assessment at regional level
- Coordinate and lead trainings for member states on the use of Earth Observation (EO) and geospatial technologies to develop/strengthen baseline data for hazard assessment (1.4.2)
- Work closely with DRM focal institutions of member statesin seasonal and monthly hazards and risk information identification, monitoring and early warning
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University degree or higher in areas relevant to Disaster Risk Assessment, Spatial Science with training on current disaster risk management approaches or very related fields
- More than 5 years of experiences in the areas of disaster risk assessment, hazard mapping and spatial analysis,
- Proven track record of hazard assessment and mapping in the areas of drought, floods etc. and experience in hazard atlas preparation
- Extensive experience in preparing training modules, planning and conducting software-based trainings on hazard and risk assessment
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk assessment tools such as GIS
- Excellent command of English and working knowledge of French language will have an added advantage
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC Disaster Risk Assessment Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: May 02 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs