NRC South Sudan looking for “Durable Solution Coordinator”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 27th December 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Durable Solution Coordinator to be based in Aweil, South Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Coordinate and manage DS projects implementation in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements.
- Compliance to donor standards, and grant management and regular reporting to DS
- Programme manager/Specialist.
- Participate in the development, planning and delivery of DS Project in consultation and collaboration with the Programme Manager/Specialist DS
- Identify funding opportunities for DS programming.
- Responsible of providing relevant inputs for development of funding proposal, project budgets, Concept notes, and donor reports
- Ensure compliance with contractual commitments and extracting and implementing key learnings from project implementation.
- Ensure capacity building and guidance of all technical staff.
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stake holders and represent NRC in relevant forums and technical working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs and possible returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Assume overall responsibility of coordinating and managing the DS programme implementation (activities, budget, and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of DS projects.
- Provide strategic leadership in Durable Solutions programming approaches and methodologies.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant authorities and other key DS stakeholders, strategic advocacy networks to advocate on durable solutions.
- Provide technical inputs on development an dimple mentation of durable solutions indicators and targets on NRC Basic Score Card (BSC).
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated DS project budgets and strategies.
- Responsible for provision of technical inputs for durable solutions reporting and monitoring in line with donor policies and guidelines.
- Participate in donor seeping missions, evaluations, reviews and assessments as directed by the
- HOP and DS consortiums leadership.
- Conduct quarterly Project reviews to assess progresses, capture lessons learned and adapt Programme Strategies as necessary in accordance with NRC’s result-based management principles
- Contribute to the dissemination of DS research products and other information outputs.
- Act as a key focal point for any communication between different DS Stakeholders at the State
- Level and lead relevant technical working groups in the States.
- Support NRC to establish and strengthen relationships with new and existing donors on durable solutions programming.
- Collect and compile evidence based and compelling cases for supporting the fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborate with NRC technical specialists to develop concept notes and funding proposals
- supporting durable solutions fundraising and resource mobilization initiatives.
- Represent NRC in coordination forums such as the durable solutions working groups at state levels.
- Document programme successes with a particular focus on durable solutions for sharing with both internal and external audiences.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies sand donor requirements.
- Ensure that NRC durable solutions programmes and related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and reports any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Minimum first level University degree/ Bachelor’s degree in Human Rights Law, Development studies, Economics, Social Sciences or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to work under pressure in a complex and changing environment.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the context South Sudan context
- Experience with returns and reintegration programmes
- Documented results in project and program management
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Resilient, with the ability to live and work in a complex, insecure and challenging context.
- Solid budgeting skills and understanding of working with multiple development or humanitarian donors.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- In-depth knowledge of the main protection and humanitarian standard sand legal frameworks.
- Significant work experience in UN, INGOs in assisting lOPs, refugees and returnees with a focus on durable solutions.
- Experience in designing programs and resource mobilization for multi-year programs in an international environment.
- Strong experience working in a partnership model and establishing and maintaining coordination and communication systems at inter-agency level
- Knowledge and experience working with multi-lateral and bilateral donors
- Ability to build strong coalitions and strong networks for resource mobilization.
- Job Identification: 13455
- Job Category: Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA)
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC Durable Solution Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 27th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.