NRC Protection and Gender Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. NRC South Sudan looking for “Protection and Gender Officer“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 13th June 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 27th May 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Protection and Gender Officer to be based in Mayom, South Sudan.
- Map and analyse stakeholders, their interrelationships, roles, influence and their potential impact on the safety, dignity and access to services for beneficiaries during the intervention.
- Support the establishment of or strengthen mechanisms to facilitate referral pathways to meet needs/rights of beneficiaries with specific needs.
- Undertake a protection risk analysis with support of Staff Safety Coordinator to identify t potential sources of violence, coercion, and deliberate deprivation and take preventive and responsive measures to address or reduce these threats with specific focus on persons with specific needs.
- Record and analyse protection issues for evidence-based decision making
- Monitor and report on protection issues
- Identify and support implementation of Individual Personal Assistance (IPAs)
- Train committees and Local Authorities on Protection
- Ensure Protection desks are functional
- Ensure gender principles of equitable participation in community-based committees is encouraged and supported.
- Ensure that persons with special needs equally participate in NRC activities such as general food distribution, food management committees and other NRC core competencies when relevant. Thus, allowing for participation of able-bodied older men and women, people with disabilities, children with disabilities, amongst others.
- Support the establishment of NRC complaint mechanisms and feedback complaints with the database to register and address complaints from beneficiaries thus ensuring accountability to affected beneficiaries/populations.
- Undertake training for community committees on protection; including gender, SGBV, Child Protection, inclusion and protection principles with support from Staff Safety Coordinator.
- Sensitization and awareness raising support or integrate inclusion and protection components into GFD operations, community consultation, awareness raising, and other forms of community engagement
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports as well as project reports, highlighting the needs, response, gaps and recommendations for persons with special needs disaggregated by sex, age, disability and diversity.
- Any other duty that will be assigned by the Program Manager
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context within Protection, preferably with an international NGO
- Proven experience in emergency relief operations is a strong advantage
- Computer skills (primarily MS Office applications), especially Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluent in English and local language in the operation area
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan and local languages
- Capacity to conduct focus group and effective communication skills
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in relevant field
- Job Identification: 11005
- Job Category: Gender
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC Protection and Gender Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 13th June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- NRC Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Livelihood and Food Security Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Livelihood and Food Security Team Leader Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator Jobs 2023
- NRC Field Coordinator Jobs 2023
- UNOPS Support Services Manager Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Associate Political Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
- UNMISS Movement Control Assistant Jobs 2023