NRC South Sudan looking for “WASH Cluster Coordinator”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 08th February 2024.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th January 2024 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of WASH Cluster Coordinator to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Represent the NGO community at the regular WASH Cluster meetings
- Represent the NGO interests in various humanitarian fora where needed
- Establish regular mechanisms for exchange of information between the cluster partners.
- Motivate cluster partners to participate in WASH events (coordination meetings, working groups, training, workshop, assessments, etc.).
- Ensure that all WASH partners have equal and fair access to all Humanitarian Common Services (HCS) such as Logs Cluster and Core Pipeline.
- Develop/apply/update a cluster strategy that ensures appropriate inclusion of all cluster partners.
- Contribute/lead to the production of WASH documents (policies, strategies, work plans, advocacy briefs, and bulletins) with appropriate view and technical input from WASH partners.
- Participate/lead in HRP, CERF, SSHF and Flash Appeals processes and represent NGOs/Cluster Partners during the processes of defenses before the respective boards.
- Coordinate WASH EP&R partners.
- University degree in WASH related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Humanitarian assistance with considerable/proven cluster coordination experience
- Considerable relevant field experience in WASH projects in humanitarian and development programs preferable with non-governmental organizations and in more than one country.
- Experience and/or understanding of WASH related issues in humanitarian and development context.
- Experience in management and capacity building of teams in complex contexts.
- Proven record of training/skills development of individuals and teams, including partner organizations.
- Proven ability to analyze complex humanitarian and recovery contexts at local and national level, monitor changes and translate into appropriate strategic planning
- Good assessment, analytical, monitoring and evaluating and planning skills and project management skills to enable program delivery.
- Ability to consolidate and triangulate information received from various sources
- Be committed to putting aside their NGO’s organizational interest and work on behalf of all cluster members equally.
- Be technically competent in the cluster systems, procedures and governance structures
- Able to represent the cluster at any forum
- Able to dedicate time to support cluster activities
- Able to maintain good relationships with all relevant stakeholder counterparts.
- Be able to work with diverse stakeholders to develop consensus.
- Understand and have experience in setting, chairing and preparing minutes of meetings.
- Know how to present ideas effectively and clearly while listening and acknowledging others’ perspectives and views.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the international humanitarian response and coordination mechanisms, and humanitarian reform.
- Job Identification: 13771
- Job Category: Coordination
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC WASH Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 08th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.