NRC WASH Officer Jobs 2024 – South Sudan NGO Jobs.
NRC South Sudan looking for “WASH Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 10th January 2024.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of WASH Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Facilitate and conduct WASH needs and technical assessments in the communities and institutions and collect all the needed information in accordance with the NRC requirements and guild lines.
- Draft full detailed assessment reports based on the findings and as delegated by the line manager.
- Propose and recommend the appropriate WASH interventions for the community based on the assessment’s findings with coordination with the other NRC CC’s team and WASH & Shelter specialist.
- Coordinate with the logistic, Finance and Procurement teams to ensure that required WASH supplies and support services are ready timely as requested.
- Work and extend full support to other CCs especially for Education and LFS teams on WASH related issues and integration.
- Prepare WASH in community detailed Work plan, Procurement plan and all other required documents before commencing the work.
- Participate and attend state / National level WASH cluster meetings and update the NRC WASH progress, challenges and any issues encountered on the ground.
- Coordinate with Local authorities and WASH partners on the ground and update NRC WASH interventions, progress, and challenges to avoid duplications and ensure effective usage of resources.
- Engage with local authorities, community, and Institution’s management for all phases of WASH interventions from assessments, mobilization, and implementation, monitoring and handing over.
- Collect all feedback and comments from the community, share with management and ensure their feedback to be taken into consideration.
- Having all the project documents well prepared in accordance with NRC requirements and as delegated by the line manager and to ensure proper archiving.
- Support and draw WASH infrastructure technical designs using AutoCAD / Progecad software.
- Collect beneficiaries’ data using beneficiaries tracking sheet and update all data related to water provision (Water haffirs /Dam rehabilitation, water Point/Sources Construction, Rehabilitation and establishment), water quality testing and hygiene promotion activities including training of community hygiene promoters, water user’s committees and local pump mechanics, distribution of hygiene/MHK and conduct hygiene promotion sessions and campaigns.
- Oversee Jie Dam rehabilitation works including Dam-de-siltation, bund construction, feeder channel construction / rehabilitation, silt trap construction and establishment / rehabilitation of water points, drainage and cattle trough.
- Conducting water quality checking including checking on the water quality parameters of physical, chemical, and bacteriological properties.
- Participate in beneficiary identification and selection for WASH activities in accordance with the NRC’s set criteria on beneficiary selection and identification.
- Recruit, train, and manage incentive/casual workers, supervise contractor’s work and report on daily/weekly basis.
- Select, train and supervise Community hygiene promoters, water user’s committees, solid waste management committees, school hygiene clubs and water quality monitors and take account of gender, protection, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in programme design, implementation, and reporting.
- Carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities.
- Prepare weekly report including community and Institution’s WASH progress, challenges and proposed action and share with Line manager and WASH and Shelter specialist.
- Minimum first level university degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 2 -3 years of experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context and specific experience in WASH.
- Experience in implementation of WASH projects in community and institutions.
- Experience in construction / rehabilitation of Dam/ Water Haffirs is desirable.
- Experience in protection mainstreaming, desirable.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Job Identification: 13365
- Job Category: Education
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC WASH Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 10th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.