Nutrition International Senior Communications Specialist Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Nutrition International Ethiopia looking for “Senior Communications Specialist”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before January 19, 2024.
Nutrition International, formerly the Micronutrient Initiative (MI), is an international not for profit agency based in Canada that works to eliminate vitamin and mineral deficiencies in developing countries. Although often only required by the body in very small amounts, vitamin and minerals – also known as micronutrients – support an array of critical biological functions including growth, immune function and eye function, as well as foetal development of the brain, the nervous system, and the skeletal system. Micronutrient deficiency is a form of malnutrition and is a recognized health problem in many developing countries.
The Nutrition International has published a job vacancy announcement on December 11, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Communications Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Nutrition International Job Vacancy 2024
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the local landscape in terms of unmet national needs and opportunities for NI to have impact on nutrition and public health.
- Planning: developing and proposing costed country strategic, implementation, and annual operational plans which are informed by, and responsive to, needs and opportunities in the local landscape.
- Documentation: ensure that all planned and expected programming activities, costs and results with timelines are recorded and maintained up to date in NI’s systems (contracts database; BOARD; SharePoint etc.)
- Developing enabling agreements: consulting with key stakeholders and collaborating partners to agree management arrangements for planned program activities, including drafting Memoranda of Understanding or other documents that clarify the relative roles and expectations of NI and of other partners.
- Program Monitoring: monitoring progress of activities against annual operating plans, and against results and disbursement targets; accounting for variances and taking action to correct them.
- Program Coordination and Steering: convening or participating in program progress review meetings with Government and other key stakeholders; advocating for corrective actions by key stakeholders; proposing and/or negotiating adjustments to project plans and budgets as a result of steering decisions.
- Gender equality: Ensure NI programs mainstream gender equality according to NI’s global Program Gender Equality strategy. Oversee the implementation of Sex and Gender Based Analysis as needed and ensure follow up on any recommendations
- Financial resources: In close consultation with the Regional Finance Director, ensure that the financial resources in the Ethiopia country office cost centre are properly managed in line with NI’s Delegation of Authorities and within overall approved budgets.
- Performance Management: In close consultation with the Regional and HQ Office, provide vision and leadership for NI staff and consultants, ensure the effective performance management of NI staff and consultants in line with NI procedures and local legislation.
- IT Systems: In liaison with Regional Finance Director, ensure country IT systems are functional and effectively supporting country operations.
- Collaboration: lead the representation of NI at external meetings and on the process of building, maintaining and strengthening relationships with key stakeholders (including National, State and Local Government, private sector, donors, NGOs, academia and communities), and seek opportunities for collaboration.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Senior Communications Specialist
- Employment Type: Full Time Job Description
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Deadline for submission: 19th January 2024
- Master’s degree from a recognized university in management, international development, public health, nutrition or related area;
- Additional post graduate certification in project or general management desirable.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the management of complex programs in public health, nutrition, international development or a related field;
- Significant experience managing complex budgets in different currencies and large, diverse teams in progressively more senior leadership roles;
- At least 5 years’ experience in networking at a high level with international partners and country government, desirable;
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in Ethiopia; regional and/or global experience highly desirable;
- Understanding and experience managing operations in fragile and/or conflict contexts in Ethiopia or East Africa; and
- Previous experience as a Country Manager or Program Director or equivalent role in scope and responsibility for an international organization/NGO highly desirable
- Fluent written and spoken English; local languages desired.
How to Apply Nutrition International Senior Communications Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: January 19, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.