Pathfinder International Compliance Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
Pathfinder International Uganda looking for “Compliance Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 04, 2024.
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. As a global health organization with locally led, community-driven programs, we support women to make their own reproductive health decisions. We work with local partners to advance contraceptive services, comprehensive abortion care, and young people’s sexual and reproductive rights in communities around the world—including those affected by poverty, conflict, climate change, and natural disasters. Taken together, our programs enable millions of people to choose their own paths forward.
The Pathfinder International has published a job vacancy announcement on January 23, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Compliance Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Pathfinder International Job Vacancy 2024
Key Job Outcomes
- Compliance Program Implementation: Provides overall support for the development and implementation of the Pathfinder compliance program within the Country Office, including policy review and management, maintenance of compliance training, deployment of compliance communications and reporting, and integration of compliance into other Pathfinder processes.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Assists with implementation of risk management and mitigation plans. Supports Global Compliance/Internal Audit function, and other stakeholders on risk identification. Supports in the development of a risk dashboard within Pathfinder Country.
- Policies and Procedures: Oversees the Pathfinder Country library of all policies, including implementing a version-control system. Oversees development and revisions of compliance-owned policies and regulations, including coordinating rollout and training of new or updated policies.
- Compliance Issues: Ensures staff are aware of appropriate channels for reporting compliance issues and coordinates with the Compliance Team to ensure appropriate tracking of compliance issues.
- Compliance Assurance. Supports key compliance assurance including deployment of effective and efficient mechanisms to prevent, detect, identify, and correct noncompliance with applicable law and regulations, donor requirements, and Pathfinder policies and standards. Understanding of internal control frameworks and professional internal investigation practices.
- Project Management and Participation: Participates in cross-functional project team meetings when required, within the Country Office.
- Support Internal Audit Activities and Implementation of Corrective Actions: Performs regular audits of Pathfinder Country and donor awards transactions, Pathfinder’s monitoring of sub recipient program and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements, accounting records, procurements, management of supplies and equipment, sub awards, planned payees and training participants, HR records, award closeout checklists and exercises, and control systems for conformity with generally accepted principles and practices, Pathfinder International policies and US Government auditing standards. Verifies implementation of corrective actions following Internal Audit activities/engagements.
- Misconduct & Fraud Investigations: Lead Internal Audit/Compliance investigations into organizational fraud and misconduct within Pathfinder Country office.
- Reporting: Produce professional-standard work papers/draft reports and contribute to the determination and implementation of corrective actions.
- Awareness: Implements country awareness initiatives such as delivering fraud & corruption awareness trainings and inductions to staff, vendors, consultants, partners, subs, etc. and proactively develops, recommends, and monitor fraud mitigation actions.
Position in Organization:
- Compliance Officer
- Job Category: Compliance
- Requisition Number: COMPL002052
- Posted: January 22, 2024
- Locations: Kampala, Uganda
- Bachelor’s degree in Audit, Finance, Management, or related discipline
- Possession of professional qualifications in Accounting such as ACCA, CPA is added advantage
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles and COSO internal control framework
- 7 years’ experience in compliance, finance, or audit, including experience developing and executing organizational strategies, systems, and processes.
- At least 3 years’ experience with NGO as Compliance Officer or Internal Auditor, including experience with contracts funded by USAID and foundations preferred.
How to Apply Pathfinder International Compliance Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: February 04, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- CRS Country Representative Jobs 2024
- UNDP National Project Officer Jobs 2024
- DRC Human Resource and Administration Assistant Jobs 2024
- DRC Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2024
- DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2024
- IRC Digital Archivist Jobs 2024
- UNDP Field Security Associate Jobs 2024
- NRC Education Specialist Jobs 2024