Plan International Hygiene and Sanitation officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Plan International Ethiopia looking for “Hygiene and Sanitation officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 30th April 2023.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Hygiene and Sanitation officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Plan International Job Vacancy 2023
- Ensure that the WASH promotion activities of the project are implemented according to the approved donor and government agreements.
- Planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, and review of response activities as per the agreed document with donors and partners.
- Carrying out needs assessments and identifying activities to increase awareness and enhance hygiene behavior change.
- Report request of material needed for the Sanitation & Hygiene promotion activities and design IEC material according to the specific targeted group (adults, children, and persons living with disabilities).
- Design, monitor and implement WASH promotion activities according to the identified needs. These may include but are not limited to: conducting sex and age-segregated consultations with the affected community,
- WASH kits distributions, WASH kits use demonstrations, water treatment, and water quality monitoring, training and follow-up of community health workers, and cleaning campaigns.
- Design, monitor and implement WASH promotion activities that keep the community and the staff safe from the risk of WASH Related diseases.
- Provide daily/weekly reports to immediate supervisor. Provide monthly and quarterly reports for line managers and WaSH project Manager
- Provide WASH promotion-related training for the Water Management Committee, governmental technicians, and concerned community members related to measures to remain protected from WASH-related disease and the importance of proper use and maintain WASH infrastructures for the community to remain safe and healthy.
- Be based in the targeted regions (depending on the needs) for several days per week to monitor the activities, including an overnight stay in rural areas.
- Work in close coordination with the community and all its representatives, including women, children, the elderly, and persons living with disabilities to ensure the specific needs and suggestions from all targeted beneficiaries are known. Work in close coordination with the WASH Coordinator and other sectors colleagues to ensure that the overall WASH response address the needs of the targeted population, in the respect of dignity and local culture.
- Develop a checklist for WASH NFI distribution and monitor a regular data collection in the field during needs assessments, post distribution monitoring and, baseline, and end-line surveys.
- Undertakes any other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Facilitate and collect baseline information and data from the community and submit it to PA for further analysis. Prepare the baseline report for his line manager.
Position in Organization:
- Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
- Location: Diffrent Location, Ethiopia
- Type of Role: Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
- Reports to: WASH Coordinator
- Grade: C1
- Closing Date:April 30,2023
- University degree in Environmental Health, water supply, public health or a related subject. Adequate experience in the field will substitute for formal qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years of the total experience of which experience in the WASH sector and experience in emergency WASH is advantageous.
- Experience in WASH facilities construction in a complex and demanding workload.
- Substantial experience in coordinating, mobilizing community, planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated work experience in designing, supervising, and implementing water, sanitation and hygiene infrastructural programs in community, school and health centers.
How to Apply Plan International Hygiene and Sanitation officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/ethiopia-Hygiene-and-Sanitation-Officer/922783301/
The Closing Date: 30th April 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.