Plan International Infrastructure Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Plan International Ethiopia looking for “Infrastructure Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in BSc Degree may apply on or before 5th June 2023.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on 29th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Infrastructure Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Plan International Job Vacancy 2023
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare BOQs for each infrastructure activity identified and selected and prepare specification and bid documents-where applicable;
- For each BOQ approved, mobilize key stakeholders and service providers as per Plan International Ethiopia’s standard procedures for proper & timely implementation of planned activities;
- Ensure that the selected activities on infrastructure are implemented as planned (in time, quantity and quality).
- Review and recommend the completion of infrastructure activities to effect payment.
- Execute and facilitate processes that lead to the commencement of infrastructure activities.
- Document government standard designs, specification and bill of quantities.
- Modify standard designs for according to the site setting as and when necessary for the proper execution of the project.
- Examines project designs and specifications and estimates quantities of material, manpower and commodities, etc… necessary to start-up planned construction activities.
- Monitor and supervise infrastructure undertaking of WWA and ensure that the works are executed to the standard and as per the contract agreement through frequent visits.
- Participate in evaluation of infrastructure development projects jointly with stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure the use of take-off-sheets and verify take-off sheets and payment certificates in consultation with the CO Construction Supervisor.
- Submit periodic reports for status of infrastructure activities for the chief of party and relent stakeholders and the PA as well.
- Perform any other duties assigned in him as deemed necessary by his immediate supervisor.
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Position in Organization:
- Infrastructure Specialist
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Type of Role:
- Reports to: Chief of Party
- Grade: D1
- Closing Date:05 June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc Degree in Civil Engineering, in Construction technology and management or related fields.
- Five Years of prior experience in related position and at least 3 years in managerial or supervisory roles.
How to Apply Plan International Infrastructure Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 5th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.