Plan International Youth Economic Empowerment Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
Plan International Zimbabwe looking for “Youth Economic Empowerment Coordinator”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 11, 2023.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on December 05, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Youth Economic Empowerment Coordinator to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Plan International Job Vacancy 2023
Assessment, Program Design and Planning
- Provide technical support to MERL team on conducting capacity gap assessments on vocational skills training.
- Provide technical inputs on the review of project’s log frame and indicators to ensure relevant information on vocational skills training is collected.
- Provide technical assistance on the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of donor guidelines.
- Conduct market assessments to identity key growth sectors where young people can access enhanced incomes.
Project Management and Implementation
- Lead the delivery of vocational, business and entrepreneurship skills training to learners, ensuring that the trainings are responding to the identified capacity gaps.
- Support learners on their transition pathways to employment and/or self-employment by providing them with relevant information relevant for their transition.
- Facilitate communication channels and liaison with young people participating in the program WhatsApp, e-mail, and other platforms.
- Collaborate with private sector to facilitate opportunities for employment and market linkages, and alternative to financing through microfinance institutions.
- Coordinate with Ministry of Youth and Ministry of Women Affairs on the delivery of vocational skills component and ensure the component is aligned to ministry priority areas.
- Create a referrals map for young people to receive business skills, entrepreneurship, and micro financial support for business start-up.
- Lead the engagement with relevant Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges to facilitate enrolment of learners in those institutions.
- Provide technical support on the delivery of trainings to ISOP master craft and TVET college trainers on Plan International project component.
- Provide technical support to Plan International team on all teams implementing the YEE project on youth programming and movement building.
- Keeps track in collaboration with MERL team on the outcomes and indicators, milestones and targets and consolidates the progress of the quarterly and annual reports.
- Collaborate with national youth groups, youth-focused organizations, and other organisations implementing similar youth employment and entrepreneurship-related activities in rural areas and participate in formal and informal employment-related meetings with relevant stakeholders and partners;
Position in Organization:
- This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
- Location: Zimbabwe (Harare)
- Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
- Closing Date: 11 December 2023
- A degree in Entrepreneurship, Economics, Business Management, Marketing or related discipline.
- A relevant post graduate qualification desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience at a similar level preferably in an NGO environment.
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and theories of child-rights programming.
- Understanding of gender equality and inclusion mechanisms.
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges, opportunities and implications to community development.
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills.
- Strong youth engagement and facilitation skills.
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills.
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination.
- Promotes high quality gender programs.
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness.
How to Apply Plan International Youth Economic Empowerment Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: December 11, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.