Right To Play Director Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Right To Play Ethiopia looking for “Director”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before January 05, 2024.
Right To Play is an international non-profit organization whose mission is to use play to empower vulnerable children to overcome the effects of war, poverty, and disease. Right To Play’s work is connected to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, and focuses on four outcome areas: quality education, children’s health and well-being, girls’ empowerment, and child protection.
The Right To Play has published a job vacancy announcement on December 19, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Director to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Right To Play Job Vacancy 2024
What you’ll do:
- Ensures alignment of education programs to the goals set in the global strategic plan and global Theory of Change
- Leads the development of the education strategy and portfolio implementation plan
- Takes a lead in decision making related to the go/no go process for new education programs/ projects, involving specialists in decisions where needed
- Collaborates with the MEL team to align Education ToC and strategies with appropriate indicators and measurement approaches
- Advises during the development of country strategic planning and global strategic planning for education program priorities
- Provides programmatic inputs to support decision making by executive team on funding priorities
- Works with Advocacy and Policy team to analyse trends and changes related to education priorities within the international development sector and communicatesthese to ensure RTP education strategy and programs integrate current thinking and international best practice
- Works with the Lead, Training & Skills to develop systems and processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in development and delivery of education resources and trainings both internally and with external education stakeholders
- Leads the development of education program strategies for new countries of operation
- Provides leadership and technical advice, in collaboration with Policy & Advocacy specialists, on country efforts to influence Ministries of Education and other education stakeholder policies, plans and position related to play based learning.
- Collaborates with Policy and Advocacy specialists to strengthen connections between education strategy, organisational scale efforts, donor priorities and country context.
Position in Organization:
- Organization: Right To Play International
- Department/Division: Program Quality & Impact
- Work Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Work Arrangement: A combination of in-office and remote-working in accordance with Right To Play’s work arrangement and the operational needs of the department. Possibility of remote-working pending management approval.
- Authorized to work in: One of the countries listed above (eligible to work legally without visa or work permit sponsorship)
- Target Hiring Range: Local salary scale applies (Grade 10). Hiring range and benefits will be shared with applicants as part of the recruitment process.
- Target Start Date: Mid-February 2024
- Contract Duration: Full-time / 13-14 months fixed term contract
- Application Closing Date: January 5, 2024 23:59 EST
- University degree in education, or social sciences, public policy, international development/affairs, or other relevant areas
- Training and/or additional certification in thematic areas of education, play-based learning, child protection, gender equality and social inclusion
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in role(s) with progressively senior levels of leadership in
- international development at a global level
- 5 years of experience working in a low HDI country context
- 5 years of experience in managing and developing staff within a cross-functional organization
- Experience with planning and implementation of multi-country education projects funded by governments and foundations
- Fluency in oral and written English.
How to Apply Right To Play Director Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: January 05, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.