Saferworld Operations and Logistics Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Saferworld Uganda looking for “Operations and Logistics Officer“. Applicants with a degree in BA degree may apply on or before April 14, 2023.
Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security, and conduct wider research and analysis. We use this evidence and learning to improve local, national and international policies and practices that can help build lasting peace. Our priority is people – we believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. We work in over 10 countries across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The Saferworld has published a job vacancy announcement on April 07, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations and Logistics Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Saferworld Job Vacancy 2023
Roles and Responsibilities:
Procurement/Operations Management (20%)
- Maintain a fixed asset inventory register for all offices
- Oversee the purchase, delivery, and the distribution of fuel ensuring checks are in place for loss prevention and efficient use of fuel
- Lead on procurement of service contracts for travel, insurance, and vehicles
- Ensure annual legal registration, tax and insurance of vehicles
- Ensure renewal of organizational operational permit, filling of annual returns with Government bodies
- Maintain effective office systems consistent with Saferworld operating requirements and policies
- Lead on Health and Safety standards and improvements in all Saferworld offices
- Collect performance indicators to be monitored for all areas of operation, seek performance efficiencies where practicable
- Procure any project equipment as needed
- Ensure expenditure is in accordance with procedures and levels of delegated authority and audit requirements
- Serve on procurement team for wider office procurement.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Operations and Logistics Officer
- Location: Kampala
- Reporting to: Finance and Operations Manager
- Management responsibility (if applicable): Matrix management for field location drivers
- Type of position: National position
- Grade and Salary: A competitive INGO salary
- Contract terms and hours: Fixed term
- BA degree in Procurement and Logistics or related field. Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration or Management related disciplines preferred.
- At least 4 to 5 years’ experience in a Fleet Management, Security Management, Operations Management.
- Working experience with INGO in a field location preferred.
Skills and abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at interpersonal relationships including conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with a diverse staff.
- Commitment to and compliance with Saferworld’s safeguarding principles
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
- Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development
- Commitment to safety and wellbeing of staff, partners and stakeholders
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Saferworld
How to Apply Saferworld Operations and Logistics Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: April 14, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- IDRC Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023
- WFP Monitoring Assistant Jobs 2023
- WFP Procurement Associate Jobs 2023
- MONUSCO Logistics Assistant Jobs 2023
- LWF M&E Officer Jobs 2023
- LWF M&E Assistant Jobs 2023
- LWF Admin/HR Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Nutrition Consultants Jobs 2023
- DRC Program Development and Quality Coordinator Jobs 2023