Save the Children South Sudan looking for “DRR and Climate Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor in Social Sciences may apply on or before 02nd January 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of DRR and Climate Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Job Description: Under the supervision of the MHPSS Officer with technical support from the MHPSS Technical Specialist, the officer will help the Child Protection Coordinator in implementing project activities, particularly MHPSS component that will include building the capacity of the CP team and direct services for individuals with mental health problems providing basic counselling and other interventions. The child protection Programme is currently focused on Comprehensive case management, MHPSS and community-based mechanisms for mobilization, awareness raising and engagements. The post holder will be working in the conflict and emergency affected communities to directly identify and register vulnerable, disable, separated, unaccompanied and missing children. He/she will also support community-based PSS initiatives like Child Friendly Spaces, Child rights clubs and youth centres.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Environmental studies, Disaster preparedness or relate field of studies.
- At least 3 to 4 years’ experience in implementing Anticipatory activities with recent in South Sudan Disaster prompt areas.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft word, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, internet).
- Knowledge in DRR and climate change adaptation and management.
- Experience of delivering DRRCA trainings to children and adult groups
- Proven experience of supporting and implementing Disaster Risk Reduction in schools and Safe school programming.
- Experience in facilitating DRRC and Climate adaptation mechanism in schools and communities.
- Good planning and organising skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; including spoken, written and reading fluency in Arabic and English.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with little supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and flexible to take roles in supporting school administration as part of mentoring teachers
- Respect for local culture and customs
- Familiarity with DRRCA, Child rights and Education issues in South Sudan
- South Sudanese with good knowledge of Child led and school-based Disaster Reduction and climate change activities in South Sudan.
- Motorbike driving licence is a Must
- Representational skills;
- NGO experience relevant to Disaster Risk Reduction and climate change is a must.
- Knowledge of Juba or classic Arabic language spoken is necessary.
- Job Identification: 4962
- Job Category: Programme Operations
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children DRR and Climate Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 02nd January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.