Save the Children South Sudan looking for “Humanitarian Access and Safety Manager”.
Applicants with a Diploma in Psychology may apply on or before 08th February 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th January 2024 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Humanitarian Access and Safety Manager to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Save the Children
|Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer
|Juba, South Sudan
|Total Vacant Post
|Diploma in Psychology
|Minimum 05 years
|08th February 2024
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2024
Role Purpose: The Area Humanitarian Access and Safety Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Area Manager and the Field Managers in protecting staff, visitors and partners from any harm and/or abuses, as well as to protect SCI assets and operations from potential risks of damages; by implementing SCI policy, SOPs and strategies for minimizing the risks. S/he will be also responsible for ensuring safe humanitarian access for field operations teams and programs to reach the targeted benefirciaries, while upholding the organizational minimum operatong standards for safety and security management. S/he provides advices to the Area Manager and the Field Managers, as well as technical support to the Field Office security focal points in the implementation of safety and security management frameworks, Minimum Operating Standards (MOSS) and facilitates the training and capacity building of staff. As an Extended Senior Leadership Team Member, s/he shall be in support of the Director-Humanitarian Access and Safety in decision making upon critical safety & security related matters.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree. A Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, with an UN/INGO agency in security management
- Previous experience in Security Manager role will be an added advantage
- Certified qualification in safety and security training skills will be an added advantage
- Experience in negotiation skill, representation, report writing.
- Proven experience in context/security analysis and advising humanitarian agencies.
- Experience in developing and updating SOPs, contingency plans and other risk assessment and management documents and tools.
- Proven experience in incident/crisis management.
- Experience in conducting safety security training for both international and national staff,
- Fluent in English & Juba Arabic. Additional local language will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
- Ability to provide conflict analysis (written).
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must be computer literate, able to use MS Word, Excell, Power Point, Google Earth etc.
- Previous experience in crisis management and be able to motivate and guide team members.
- Flexible to be based in field locations and travel at short notice to difficult and risky areas.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and capable to generate outputs.
- Experience working in field locations is a strong advantage.
- Commitment to SCI Child Safeguarding policy.
- Job Identification: 5627
- Job Category: Programme Operations
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Humanitarian Access and Safety Manager Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 08th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.