Save the Children South Sudan looking for “MHPSS Assistant”.
Applicants with a Diploma in Social Sciences may apply on or before 29th December 2023.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th December 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of MHPSS Assistant to be based in Bor, South Sudan.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Job Description: Under the supervision of the MHPSS Officer with technical support from the MHPSS Technical Specialist, the officer will help the Child Protection Coordinator in implementing project activities, particularly MHPSS component that will include building the capacity of the CP team and direct services for individuals with mental health problems providing basic counselling and other interventions. The child protection Programme is currently focused on Comprehensive case management, MHPSS and community-based mechanisms for mobilization, awareness raising and engagements. The post holder will be working in the conflict and emergency affected communities to directly identify and register vulnerable, disable, separated, unaccompanied and missing children. He/she will also support community-based PSS initiatives like Child Friendly Spaces, Child rights clubs and youth centres.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Diploma in social sciences, social work or community development. Bachelor’s degree in psychology or child therapy will be added advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum Diploma in counselling, social sciences, social work, community development or any other MHPSS related training
- 1-2 years’ sectorial experience or relevant experience in social work, community development and working with children in Child Protection Programme preferable with humanitarian Organization.
- Very good written and spoken English, Local community (Dinka & Nuer) languages is an added Advantage for these roles.
- Must have work in Akobo and Bor for last 2 years in similar or other roles within Child protection organisation.
- Excellent technical understanding of child protection and community based approached.
- Computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to prioritize tasks.
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment.
- Knowledge of the area, socio-culture and local language where the post is located as an added advantage.
- Work experience with children and families, especially knowledge of child rights and participation
- Experience in community facilitation and mobilisation
- Previous NGO experience, including an understanding of the neutral status of an international NGO.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Job Identification: 5071
- Job Category: Business Transformation
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children MHPSS Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 29th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.