Save the Children South Sudan looking for “MHPSS Officer”.
Applicants with a Diploma in Psychology may apply on or before 01st February 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th January 2024 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of MHPSS Officer to be based in Kapoeta, South Sudan.
|Save the Children
|Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer
|Kapoeta, South Sudan
|Total Vacant Post
|Diploma in Psychology
|Minimum 02 years
|01st February 2024
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide high quality individual and group support to children, adolescents and caregivers with evidence based MHPSS techniques that build beneficiaries’ coping strategies, trust, resilience and self-confidence in a durable way.
- Conduct MHPSS needs-assessments to identify the needs of individuals and a social setting of an individual.
- Identify severe cases to be referred to psychological/psychiatric service providers in the area.
- Ensure that MHPSS activities at field level have sufficient resources to build capacity, monitor, quality-assurance, capture evidence and learning, and help in developing further in their ability to provide quality and needs-based MHPSS interventions.
- Identify training needs of the MHPSS teams and support the MHPSS specialist in the development and conducting of training modules, MHPSS implementation tools and awareness raising activities for staff, volunteers, key community members and partners’ staff on various topics.
- Participate in regular State level meetings with other MHPSS focal points in each intervention location, in order to provide and receive technical support to MHPSS program staff.
- Perform other functions relative to Child Protection activities and initiatives that may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Ensure full compliance of Child Safeguarding Policy at field level and especially with SC engaged personnel.
- Maintain appropriate records of activities & input and share data through the MEAL system.
- Draft concise, useful and analytical reports, case studies, and other documents as needed on a monthly and quarterly basis and as requested by SC, donors and other stakeholders.
- Diploma in Psychology or in development related fields is preferable.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in development/humanitarian aid; previous experience in psychosocial support field and experience in working with IDP and refugees is required.
- Previous management experience is required.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including team leading and influencing.
- Extensive experience in delivering trainings.
- Experience in providing MHPSS services to SGBV survivors and adolescents and youth is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English are required.
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and able to take decisions independently in a fluid context.
- Previous experience working with IDP /marginalized communities is required; preferably with previous experience working with UASC.
- Commitment to Save the Children values and Child Safeguarding.
- Job Identification: 5627
- Job Category: Programme Operations
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children MHPSS Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 01st February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.