Save the Children National Lead Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “National Lead”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before 01st February, 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January,2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of National Lead to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2024
Key Areas of Accountabilities:
- Provide overall leadership for ECSC-SUN, ensuring timely and effective implementation of ECSC-SUN activities by the ECSC-SUN Secretariat and coalition member agencies.
- Support effective implementation of ECSC-SUN’s work across all regions in Ethiopia to achieve the coalitions objectives through the effective use of program resources in compliance with donors’ regulations.
- Lead in designing and developing ECSC-SUN related program guides, strategies, roadmap, manuals, job aids, and ensure appropriate training and capacity building of ECSC-SUN members.
- Participate in joint supervision visits with coalition member staff, Donors, and GoE to selected sites, share feedback and take appropriate action.
- Work closely with SUN Global, SUN CSN and regional networks to improve the implementation of the ECSC-SUN work.
- Closely work with the Steering committee to ensure program quality and learning.
- Ensure that technical proposals are relevant through proactively and systematically gathered needs and information from coalition member agencies.
- Support pre-positioning for identified opportunities including understanding Government of Ethiopia and donor priorities, and identifying partners which can strength the work of the coalition.
- Provide overall leadership for the development and quality implementation of ECSC-SUN and nutrition related projects, including development of concept notes, full proposals that can be required to achieve of the strategic objectives of ECSC-SUN.
- Lead the annual planning process of the coalition works, regular steering committee and general assembly meetings as well as related quarterly, biannual and annual reports.
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) for the documentation of ECSC-SUN achievements.
- Work proactively by engaging ECSC-SUN steering committee members in identifying funding opportunities through presenting and marketing of technically viable ideas.
- Present compelling business cases through analytical assessment of donor and Ethiopia’s priorities to strengthen ECSC-SUN with the current potential improvement of Ethiopian Civil Societies laws through the government reform
- Work closely with MEAL in developing a robust evidence-based learning to support ECSC-SUN implementation, development and advocacy; and insuring that lessons learned and good practices are properly documented, effectively disseminated and, where appropriate, incorporated into wider advocacy initiatives.
- Ensure dissemination of learning and knowledge with coalition members and relevant SUN network member staff through using different channels
- Communicate ECSC-SUN’s achievements against agreed objectives and milestones, and any emerging new evidence for a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Track progress of ECSC-SUN against original proposals and with detailed annual work plans.
- Actively communicate and coordinate with coalition members and other SUN networks to ensure synergy and share lessons across different networks that take into account good practices.
- Develop and maintain strong external relations with key stakeholders in particular ECSC-SUN coalition members, Government of Ethiopia food system and nutrition implementing sectors and others.
- Ensure a deep understanding of Government of Ethiopia priorities; communicate these to the coalition members; and use these for programme development and implementation.
- Maintain and cultivate key external relationships including with the GOE food system and nutrition implementing sectors, SUN networks, donors, multi-lateral organizations, and other International and national NGOs.
- Regularly coordinate with coalition member technical staff to identify technical support requirements, inclusive of field visit to support the coalition members in establishing and strengthening regional ECSC-SUN coordination platforms.
- Serve as the senior representative for all relevant external representation opportunities related with ECSC-SUN and others.
- Manage ECSC-SUN related consultancy services.
- Attend relevant donor meetings and visits.
- Develop and maintain contacts with current and potential donors, potential partners and key technical agencies.
- Understand cross-cutting issues of gender, child participation, and others to ensure their incorporation into program design and implementation.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: National Lead
- Job Identification: 5685
- Job Category: Programme Operations
- Posting Date: 23/01/2024, 10:38
- Apply Before: 01/02/2024, 10:37
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa
- Master’s Degree in nutrition, public health, international development or other related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience leading, managing and implementing large-scale international development projects, preferably advocacy projects in the field of nutrition.
- Prior experience in managing and networking stakeholders in developing countries.
- Strong experience in policy advocacy, campaign and proven ability to influence policy change at strategic and operational level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic, able to communicate professionally with a wide range of contacts; able to show tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
How to Apply Save the Children National Lead Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/5685
The Closing Date: 01st February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children Evidence and Learning Advisor Jobs 2024
- IMMAP Country Security and Logistics Advisor Jobs 2024
- FAO Livelihood Specialist Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Wash Officer – Engineer Jobs 2024
- DRC Finance Specialist Jobs 2024
- Handicap International Armed Violence Reduction Specialist Jobs 2024
- FAO Crop Production Specialist Jobs 2024