Save the Children Senior Gender and Equality Advisor Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Save the Children Nigeria looking for “Senior Gender and Equality Advisor”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 12 May 2023.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Gender and Equality Advisor to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Role Purpose: The Senior Gender Equality Advisor will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical and practical expertise, and relationship building skills to define and deliver our strategic ambition for advancing gender equality in Nigeria.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Provide technical leadership for gender equality for the Country Office, and set the strategic approach in relation to the wider country strategy, supporting the organization to implement Save the Children’s Global Gender Equality Policy
- Provide technical leadership to establish/support/monitor a Gender Equality Action Plan for the Country Office, grounded on Save the Children’s Gender Equality Self-Assessment and other tools
- Build capacity of national staff and partners in key technical approaches related to advancing gender equality and social justice, via developing and facilitating high quality training via workshops, webinars, etc.
- Promote and monitor integrated programming in a way that increases overall impact of gender sensitive and transformative programmes at the community level.
- Contribute to the development, dissemination, monitoring and evaluation of innovative program quality tools and resources focused on advancing gender equality
- Master’s degree in Women and Gender Studies or related degree with focus on gender equality in international development, social work, public health, sociology, anthropology or related area, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience (including field experience) providing technical leadership for the design and implementation of humanitarian and development programmes focused on advancing gender equality
- Strong understanding of gender equality principles and practices, the gender equality sector, policy priorities and key gender inequalities impacting children in Nigeria
- Significant experience in gender equality training, capacity building, and mentoring, and a demonstrated ability to make complex concepts compelling and accessible
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to intersectional gender and power analysis, and to the design, piloting, implementation and evaluation of innovative technical tools and resource to advance gender equality
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Senior Gender and Equality Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.