Save the Children Senior Supply Chain Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “Senior Supply Chain Coordinator”.
Applicants with a BA Degree may apply on or before December 28, 2023.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on December 18, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Supply Chain Coordinator to be based in Bale, Ethiopia.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
- Ensure an effective and accountable Supply Chain support system in place in line with the SCI’s global as well as SC-Ethiopia’s national supply chain-related policies and procedures.
- The post holder will also be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of effective procurement, fleet, construction, warehousing, and asset management practices in the field office.
- Implement the Supply Chain strategy developed by the Country Office concerning the Bale field Office Operations.
- Plan and implement an effective purchase order management and tracking system at the field office level for local and national orders and organize schedules for Framework, bulk, and any other economical strategic purchases.
- Directly involved in the operational planning mainly the supply Chain aspect of the projects which includes budgeting, procurement, and project implementation planning, etc
- Make certain that all supply Chain requirements are delivered following timescales set and agreed upon with program managers.
- Coordination and Support to Programmes.
- Directly plan, lead, and monitor the activities of procurement, warehouse, and fleet management units.
- Ensure SCI supply chain ERP systems are implemented as per the standard.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of procurement processes and ensure conformity to procedures and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensures up-to-date procurement tracker in place and consistently communicated to the respective budget holders (requesters)
- Work with the Country Supply Chain Team; Supply Chain Functional managers (Procurement, warehouse, Fleet, and Construction managers) as well as with the Country office Supply Chain specialist to maintain efficient and effective program delivery.
- Conducting periodic market assessments in defined procurement locations, including gathering information from the market and peer agencies
- Overseeing all tender processes for SCI Bale Field Office
- Working with stakeholders to define specifications and decision-making criteria for all tenders.
- Understanding various aspects (including the legal aspects) of organizational Terms and conditions and being able to negotiate these with suppliers.
- Regularly review program logistical requirements and ensure that program works are carried out most efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Provide support and work closely with the program/ project heads in developing a procurement plan.
- Prepare and submit scheduled monthly field office logistics (Procurement, Fleet, asset & warehouse) reports to the country office.
- Assist in conducting a market survey of goods, services, and works and establishing vendor registration database, and framework agreements for commonly procured items for Bale FO
- Establish FWA within in FO threshold limit.
- Ensure financial benefits gained from procurement are captured and reported on time.
- Coordinate and manage all procurement requirements and provide adequate and timely logistical support to the field office including timely transport and delivery of services and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with donor rules and SCI procedures for warehousing and inventory management.
- Establish and maintain accurate and up-to-date fixed asset register records in the field office.
- Directly involved in the tender management of high-value transactions and construction works.
Position in Organization:
- Position Name: Senior Supply Chain Coordinator
- Job Identification: 5093
- Job Category: Supply Chain
- Posting Date: 18/12/2023, 16:26
- Apply Before: 28/12/2023, 16:25
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: FO – Bale
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the Management of the entire Supply chain / Logistics function and preferably in the INGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both development and emergency programs.
- Minimum Qualified for BA Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Development Studies, or other business management fields
- Field-level experience in procurements and logistics for INGOs in international development and emergency programs.
How to Apply Save the Children Senior Supply Chain Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/5093
The Closing Date: December 28, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.