Save the Children Senior Technical Specialist Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “Senior Technical Specialist”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 01st February, 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd January,2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Technical Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2024
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Stay abreast of emerging evidence, strategic recommendations, best practices, technical and programmatic developments, and data sources, in the areas of SBC for immunization with a focus on addressing zero dose and under vaccinated children;
- Take the lead in the development a SBC strategy for the project by analysing existing evidence, formative research and baseline findings, experience from grassroot implementation and stakeholder consultation at different levels;
- Take the lead in the development, dissemination, and implementation of immunization SBC work plans, approaches, activities, SBC tools and materials;
- Coordinate and lead the conceptualization, co-design, development, and production of tailored and effective immunization SBCC content, materials and messages, and media products;
- Lead and support the implementation of new/adopted SBC approaches in the learning woredas such as CAC and PDQS, and other community engagement approaches, and regularly document progress and learnings for adoption, revision and scale up;
- Support and provide guidance on the implementation of the project’s SBC strategies and work plan activities to ensure the project’s interventions and approaches address identified immunization SBC needs and apply best practices related to immunization SBC and addressing zero dose and under immunized children;
- Liaise and collaborate with the SCUK SBC TA and technical team to ensure SBC quality development, implementation and monitoring of SBC strategies and approaches. Develop and review weekly plans for SBC interventions and track implementation and spending in line with the forecast
- Organize and lead tailored and fit for purpose grass root social mobilizations, community engagement activities, and communication interventions; Identify appropriate community-based facilitators according to developed criteria, train them in the required capacity, and engage them in planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities;
- Provide technical guidance and training for project staff, MOH and RHBs and partners supporting immunization programming. Provide updates and summaries of in the areas social and behavior change, promoting gender equity and addressing social norms that affect zero dose and under vaccination
- Review and develop recommendations for behavior-related research and evaluation relevant to child vaccination demand and acceptance;
- Draft briefers, talking points, and information on immunization related with SBC
- Support on SBC budget development and regular tracking of spending of SBC budget
- Lead the preparation of standardized periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) project SBC progress reports and donor reports
- Contribute to the development of project deliverables, including workplans, quarterly and annual reports, and success stories
- Build the capacity of SBC Coordinators and Officers in the Field Offices and provide support for effective implementation of planned SBC interventions
- Ensure that all supported SBC activities from Partners are appropriately planned and delivered, and report on progress monthly.
- Provide support and ensure the quality of the work of partners, and selected consultants and staff working on SBC;
- Provide technical expertise for country office immunization SBC program design and quality implementation.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Senior Technical Specialist
- Job Identification: 5666
- Job Category: Business Support
- Posting Date: 23/01/2024, 10:40
- Apply Before: 01/02/2024, 10:40
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa
- Bachelor Degree in in public health, social psychology, health communication or other relevant behavioral science field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in technically leading, managing and implementing SBC on Immunization and child health projects
- Experience working in areas of public health programming, research, including substantial experience in social and behavior change work, with experience in underserved settings.
- Excellent command of communicating and writing in English.
How to Apply Save the Children Senior Technical Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/5666
The Closing Date: 01st February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children National Lead Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Evidence and Learning Advisor Jobs 2024
- IMMAP Country Security and Logistics Advisor Jobs 2024
- FAO Livelihood Specialist Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Wash Officer – Engineer Jobs 2024
- DRC Finance Specialist Jobs 2024
- Handicap International Armed Violence Reduction Specialist Jobs 2024