Save the Children Wash Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “Wash Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before December 23, 2023.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Wash Officer to be based in Nekemte, Ethiopia.
|Save the Children
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Three (03) years
|23rd December, 2023
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the Water Sanitation and Hygiene Project in Guto Gida and Sibu Sire IDP Woredas of East Wollega Zone
- Implement WASH activities in Guto Gida and Sibu Sire IDP Woredas of East Wollega Zone
- Coordinate and mobilize community user groups, including the formation of effective household-based sanitation committees and water user management committees.
- Establish or revitalize Woreda WASH coordinating Committees and community WASH Committee members for each of the WATSAN schemes management and sustainability.
- Using the behaviour change strategy in WASH, mobilize the community around the promotion of key WASH messages;
- Mobilize schools, different art clubs, key stakeholders and community leaders on WASH promotion and for better implementation;
- He/she will be supervising and follow p the WASH Constructions activities in Guto Gida and sibu Sire Woredas of east Wollega zone.
- Educate community groups to promote and implement household latrines to address 100% coverage in the target community.
- Organize meetings & communication activities such as workshops, focus groups seminars, and review meetings with HDAs, HEWs, volunteers, mothers and local community groups;
- Support ongoing monitoring of capacity building and effectiveness of mobilized community interventions; ensure the functionality of constructed WASH facilities are in use by communities
- Adapting and developing appropriate training manuals for community volunteers, and conducting orientation training for HEWs and HDAs.
- Develop and disseminate experience-based learning on community mobilization specific to the WASH program in his/her respective regions.
- Together with the WASH team members and District Health Officers conduct an assessment of community structures, local service providers, peer educators and social mobilizers who can assist the incumbent to implement wide-ranging community mobilization activities in software components of the WASH program
- Develop and disseminate experience-based learning on community mobilization specific to WASH programs to existing partners;
- Conduct an assessment of community structures, local service providers, peer educators and social mobilizes who can assist the incumbent to implement wide-ranging community mobilization activities in WASH interventions;
- Coordinate with the field office manager and health and nutrition coordinator to ensure consistent community mobilization in the target districts;
- Organize community groups, generate community resources and educate them on sustainable community involvement in sanitation promotion interventions, particularly, household latrines construction.
- Develop activity plan for the WASH committee and HDAs regarding sanitation and hygiene
- Prepare and submit routine project activity reports, and document lessons learned and success stories.
- Demonstrate effective team building and communication skills to maintain harmony and work efficiency in the unit;
- Work closely with team members, HEWs and HDAs to deliver the key sanitation and hygiene messages and monitor the results
- Work on feasible strategies to effectively reach households, plan and ensure implementation of household latrines construction with HEWs and HDAs
- Work closely with the MEAL coordinator for close monitoring of WASH implementation
- Liaise with communities, local authorities and other agencies regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the overall sanitation and hygiene activities in his/her respective regions
- Collect data and statistics concerning cases, morbidity and mortality of diseases related to water and sanitation.
Position in Organization:
- WASH OFFICER
- Job Identification: 4760
- Job Category: Finance
- Posting Date: 13/12/2023, 11:32
- Apply Before: 23/12/2023, 11:32
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: FO – Nekemte
Education Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in /Water Engineering/ /Sanitary science/Communications, and relevant with 3 years of relevant work experience in an NGO environment
- Relevant professional background in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)
- Good understanding of the linkages between WASH, public health, and development
- General knowledge of international/intergovernmental institutions, and a solid interest in humanitarian.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Affan Oromo and English.
How to Apply Save the Children Wash Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/4760
The Closing Date: 23rd December, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children Fleet Coordinator Jobs 2023
- IRC Emergency Rapid Response Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Finance and Operations Director Jobs 2023
- WVI HR Payroll Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Nutrition Specialist Jobs 2024
- SNV Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Wash Specialist Jobs 2024