SNV Operations Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. SNV Ethiopia looking for “Operations Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 23rd March 2023.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The SNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Operations Assistant to be based in Hawassa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV)|
|Position||Operations Assistant Admin and Store|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||23rd March 2023|
SNV Job Vacancy 2023
- Receive visitors and calls, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs and update visitors’ list tracker.
- Maintain event calendar schedules and assist in booking meeting rooms and events if any
- Support the operation team on taxi booking and payment preparation at the regional level
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondences, and other materials
- Ensures timely reception and transmission of any project correspondence and circulation and information sharing to staff.
- Responsible for the incoming and outgoing correspondences of the office, locate/file and/or replay as required
- Support the regional operation team in receiving tender documents according to SNV standard procedure
- Ensure that all goods in the regional office are packed safely and segregated according to their nature.
- Manage regional stock data and tracking systems in accordance with SNV standard procedures.
- Always Ensure physical stock in the stores tally with book balances
- Organize the loading, unloading and stocking when stock arrives or is to be taken out.
- Ensure all stock is in its correct position and easily accessible.
- Update stock/bin cards and system on a daily basis; share the updated report with the ROM and SNV A.A. office on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all stores paperwork and ERP system, Internal Requisition Forms, Goods Receipt Notes, Goods issue notes, Packing Lists and any other documentation are completely updated according to SNV Storage procedure.
- Completion of the Goods Receipt Notes upon receiving of the items from suppliers/DIKs in coordination with the Addis Ababa office and procurement staff
- Ensure the correct amount of stock leaves the stores as authorized and physically verify all stocks received and dispatched.
- Immediate reporting of all missing stock or any observed discrepancies.
- Prepare a list of obsolete assets and stock items for management decision and facilitate the disposal accordingly.
- Always check on the expiry dates of stocks and use the FIFO procedure to minimize losses through unobserved expiries.
- Facilitate periodical and annual inventory counting in the region and report to ROM and A.A. SNV office.
- Manage asset inventory and tracking systems in the regional office and submit reports to Addis Ababa SNV office.
- Keep track of all asset and equipment movements and update asset and equipment registers in SharePoint and ERP.
- Ensure Asset tags are in place for every asset in the region in consultation SNV Addis Ababa office.
- Ensure cleaning of all stores and offices are done daily.
- Ensure that all stocks are secure and stock levels are per their level on the appropriate bin-card/Stock cards and other Storage documentation.
- Ensure that the stores and offices are in a lockable state and quickly report on any insecurities in the stores
- Ensure proper cleaning and safeguarding of SNV Amhara regional office
- Answer questions with regard to one or multiple operational services within the given guidelines and procedures. To ensure full operational support, make sure issues are escalated in a timely manner through the right channel when necessary,
- Ensures data filing and administration on a specific operation support service. Process, organize, check and (if applicable) analyze data by applying routine work methods. Signal abnormalities, monitor and report on the overall provision of services, to ensure consistency in delivery against service standards.
- Handle any other task as assigned by the line manager or their direct line management.
Position in Organization:
- Operations Assistant: Admin and Store
- Hawassa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
- Deadline: 23rd March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in relevant discipline with higher thinking level with relevant experience 1 or 2 years in operations and procurement activities.
How to Apply SNV Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999893158083
The Closing Date: 23rd March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.