SNV Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
SNV Ethiopia looking for ” Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor”.
Applicants with a Bachelor degree may apply on or before 21st December, 2023.
SNV has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years. With the formation of the independent Republic of Ethiopia in July 2011, SNV established a Country Office and has staff working all over the country to help build government institutions. SNV has maintained its presence in Ethiopia despite significant challenges in the operating environment by adopting a flexible approach to its work with the Government of Ethiopia.
The SNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th December, 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor to be based in Hawassa, Ethiopia.
SNV Job Vacancy 2023
Key Responsibilities of the Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor are:
- Facilitate active participation and trust-building with communities and other stakeholders.
- Continuously identify business opportunities for new youth-led MSEs and wage employment in the target regions and respective project areas.
- Facilitate the provision of basic life, business and technical skills training to young women and men job seekers based on the requirements of potential employers in partnership with training service providers and employers.
- Proactively identify enterprises and other actors for apprenticeship and on-the job training.
- Facilitate the provision of tailored business skills trainings to young women and men led MSEs (including soft, financial literacy and digital skills).
- Facilitate the provision of business development services.
- Link youth led MSEs with a selected financial institution.
- Engage in the identification of potential business development service providers.
- Facilitate to support business start-up.
- Capacitate youth-led MSEs.
- Facilitate brokering and professionalization of market linkages.
- Accomplish related activities to ensure the jobs created are dignified and fulfilling.
- Ensure the regular project data collection and reporting timely.
- Contribute to the documentation of project lessons.
Position in Organization:
- Piosition Title: Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor
- Location: Hawassa, Ethiopia
- Vacancy Type: Full-time
- Contract type: National employment contract
- A bachelor’s degree preferably M.SC in the ﬁeld (s) such as: Business, Business Administration, economics, marketing, Agri business, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship, Community development and adult education, Finance, Rural development, and/or related courses.
- Minimum five years and above years’ experience in enterprise development, agri business development, youth employment and livelihoods, marketing, microenterprise development, community based financial service, microfinance.
- Good facilitation skill
- Experiences of working in NGOs; and communities at grass root level are advantageous.
- Speaks the local language ﬂuently.
- Good written and spoken English.
How to Apply SNV Youth Enterprise Development and Employment Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999950967909
The Closing Date: 21st December, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.