SOS Childrens Villages Project Community Social Worker Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. SOS Childrens Villages Ethiopia looking for “Project Community Social Worker“. Applicants with a degree in BA Degree may apply on or before 5th May 2023.
SOS Children’s Villages started in 1949 with an innovative idea. Hermann Gmeiner, a child welfare advocate from Austria, recognized a problem thousands of children in post-war Europe had lost their families, and orphanages presented them with the prospect of a grim institutional childhood. His solution was to develop a model of family-like care – providing children with security and a sense of belonging by building reliable and resilient relationships.
The SOS Childrens Villages has published a job vacancy announcement on 21st April 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Project Community Social Worker to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
SOS Childrens Villages Job Vacancy 2023
Job Role: While working with us a project Community Social Worker you will be in charge of the following,
- Reporting child abuse cases, providing support services, participating in investigations of abuse based on the existing procedures.
- Providing family counseling and support
- Preparing court documents for court cases.
- Developing and implementing case plans including reviews and evaluations.
- Updating data of children and families/ Collect, update, organize, store and retrieve data of all project beneficiaries;
- Enhancing children and youth participation.
- Following up, evaluating and recommending measures to be taken in order to improve services to children.
- Recommending child admission criteria to Alternative Child Care models.
- Initiating, coordinating and providing guidance and counseling services to children and youth of target groups.
- Collaborating with different external offices on matters of common concern for the provision of better services for children.
- Conducting families/community needs assessments with relevant groups.
- Facilitating workshops as required.
- Advising care takers on issues of hygiene conditions.
- Creating awareness on HIV/AIDS, sex education, etc.
- Keeping regular contacts with child and family during the implementation of family development plan through phone calls, home visits and meetings in programme premises.
- Ensuring that children receive medical attention/ first-aid services if they are ill, injured and need medical treatment, referring serious cases to clinics and following-up referral cases to hospitals.
- Keeping care givers informed regarding health care issues, particularly those issues affecting Families such as family planning, vaccination, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and hygiene.
- Prepare case histories of clients showing special improvement in the Addis pediatric center. Undertake counseling support for parents/guardians coming.
- Follow up the rehabilitation center services and pre, post reunification follows up and reporting
- Collect, update, organize, store and retrieve data of all project beneficiaries;
- Perform another Other duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Project Community Social Worker
- National Association: Ethiopia
- Function: Project Management
- Position Type: Limited Full-Time
- Location: Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Qualification & Experience:
- BA degree in Social work , Sociology, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experiences.
How to Apply SOS Childrens Villages Project Community Social Worker Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers-sos-kd.icims.com/jobs/1526/-/job?mobile=false&width=1140&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=330&jun1offset=330
The Closing Date: 5th May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.