TechnoServe Associate Agronomy Advisor Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
TechnoServe Uganda looking for “Associate Agronomy Advisor”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 10, 2024.
TechnoServe was founded by Ed Bullard in 1968 to help hardworking people in the developing world lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty. Ed was captivated by the spirit and character of the Ghanaian people. But he was appalled by the depth of poverty that surrounded him. A businessman, Ed understood that the contrast between this poverty and his own prosperity came not from any innate difference between himself and a poor Ghanaian farmer.
The TechnoServe has published a job vacancy announcement on January 26, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Agronomy Advisor to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Associate Agronomy Advisor
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Two years
|February 10, 2024
TechnoServe Job Vacancy 2024
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Reinforcing existing interventions with farmer groups to ensure adoption and increase project impact
- Link producer organizations to business development service providers to build capacity in core areas such governance, member services, and inclusive leadership of women and youth.
- Deliver TechnoServe’s bespoke technical trainings in areas of Agronomy, Post-harvest handling, soil fertility and management, Integrated pest and disease management trainings to Entrepreneurial Farmers and Producer Organizations.
- Deliver Techno Serve’s bespoke Entrepreneurship training especially Modules on Farming as Business (FaaB) and personal Effectiveness to PO, farmers and Entrepreneurial Framers
- Incorporate Gender and youth aspects in delivery of the trainings and pick out key Gender modules to deliver for example -Gender/together we can fly – targeting spouse/house approach.
- Support Partners in delivering Trainings in Good Agricultural Practice, Post-Harvest Handling, Climate Smart Agriculture, Organic Agriculture and Integrated Pest and Disease Management to Producer Organizations and Entrepreneurial farmers
- Facilitate linkages among the core value chain actors, from input supply through production to Market vendors
- Promote and scale up identified and proven technologies among the value chain actors in areas of increasing productivity, reducing Post-harvest losses, lowering cost of production and minimizing chemical use.
- Collect baseline figures and measure impact in order to monitor progress (M&E)
- Planning of activities to ensure that the objectives of the program are met within the set times and resources and that impact is maximized
- Periodic reporting of the situation on the ground to provide both data and anecdotal evidence of impact
- Oversee quality of training delivered by Partners and provide backstopping through coaching
- Working together with Business Counselors, identify Business Development Service providers such as Micro-Finance Institutions and link them with the market actors – Entrepreneurial farmers, Producer Organization, Vendors and micro-retailers
- Represent Technoserve in the districts of operation and Collaborate with district production departments to execute the roles agreed on the MoU.in consultation with Technoserve’s Country Management
- Building strong partnerships and professional working relations with key stakeholders in the districts of operation, such as District Local government, lower local government, other projects in the area, etc.
- Any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor
Position in Organization:
- Associate Agronomy Advisor
- Job Category: Operations
- Requisition Number: ASSOC004174
- Posted: January 25, 2024
- Locations: Uganda/Kampala
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science with bias to crop production or Minimum of 2 years’ field experience with extension service, Farmer Institutional development, youth development or entrepreneurship in Uganda
- Knowledge of the horticulture in specific and agriculture sector in the different districts locations
- Strong private sector experience, facilitation skills and Participatory Approach in Extension
- Knowledge of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA), Gender and Youth Engagement in agriculture
- Relevant skills of Monitoring and Evaluation tools and practices, such use of digital platform for data capturing and reporting
- Good computer skills (Excel and MS word)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the local language(s) or one of the local languages spoken in the district
- Ability to ride Motorcycle with valid riding permit, or willingness to learn and acquire permit in one-month period
- Career Pathways
How to Apply TechnoServe Associate Agronomy Advisor Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: February 10, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.