TechnoServe Business Counselor Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
TechnoServe Uganda looking for “Business Counselor”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 10, 2024.
TechnoServe was founded by Ed Bullard in 1968 to help hardworking people in the developing world lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty. Ed was captivated by the spirit and character of the Ghanaian people. But he was appalled by the depth of poverty that surrounded him. A businessman, Ed understood that the contrast between this poverty and his own prosperity came not from any innate difference between himself and a poor Ghanaian farmer.
The TechnoServe has published a job vacancy announcement on January 27, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Business Counselor to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Two years
|February 10, 2024
TechnoServe Job Vacancy 2024
Primary Functions and responsibilities
Mobilization of participants to the program:
- Promote the program and its benefits within the local communities in the program area
- Identify and recruit participants who meet the stipulated program criteria of age, literacy and geographic location on to the program
- Facilitate group orientation and team building activities to solidify relationships within the group and support identification of appropriate and safe training/meeting venues within the project area.
- Be a good representative of the organisation and the program as per policy.
Training & retention of Project beneficiaries:
- Undergo training and upgrading of knowledge & skills on the program curriculum (participate in ToTs) as required
- Deliver the program curriculum and training sessions as per the manual, adhering to the guidelines and standards of punctuality, size of class, use of materials, activities, lesson plans and ensuring that training is conducted as per approved program and cohort work plans
- Ensure that delivery of technical training packages is of high quality, is appropriate to the local context (use of local language and local examples), and is effectively reaching participants
- Identify Key skill gaps within different categories of trainees relative to the local economic opportunities and provide feedback to supervisor on training requirements/ needs
- Track attendance and report on attrition or other challenges regularly to the area supervisor
- Endeavour to follow up & support participants who face various challenges such as gender related problems, psychosocial related issues, poor attendance drop outs etc.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of activity implementation.
Position in Organization:
- Business Counselor
- Job Category: Operations
- Requisition Number: BUSIN004173
- Posted: January 25, 2024
- Locations: Kampala, Uganda
- A Diploma in Business related discipline such as Business studies, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness. A degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ field experience with, Entrepreneurship development, Vendors and micro-retailor business support and engagement, youth and women entrepreneurship support.
- Strong private sector experience, facilitation skills and Participatory Approaches and client relationship building
- Relevant skills of Monitoring and Evaluation tools and practices including use of online digital platform for delivering trainings, data capturing and reporting
- Good computer skills (Excel and MS word)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the Speaking and writing in Luganda
- Ability to ride Motorcycle with valid riding permit, or willingness to learn and acquire permit within one-month period.
How to Apply TechnoServe Business Counselor Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: February 10, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- TechnoServe Microenterprise Specialist Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Associate Agronomy Advisor Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Assistant Public Health Officer Jobs 2024
- NRC Education Coordinator Jobs 2024
- WHO Driver Jobs 2024
- IRC Transport Manager Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Driver Jobs 2024
- Pathfinder International Compliance Officer Jobs 2024