TechnoServe Driver Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
TechnoServe Uganda looking for “Driver”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 04, 2024.
TechnoServe was founded by Ed Bullard in 1968 to help hardworking people in the developing world lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty. Ed was captivated by the spirit and character of the Ghanaian people. But he was appalled by the depth of poverty that surrounded him. A businessman, Ed understood that the contrast between this poverty and his own prosperity came not from any innate difference between himself and a poor Ghanaian farmer.
The TechnoServe has published a job vacancy announcement on January 23, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Five years
|February 04, 2024
TechnoServe Job Vacancy 2024
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Drive TNS Vehicle to all approved destinations while maintaining care and safety of the passengers and the organization vehicle.
- Ensuring that all TechnoServe vehicles are in good running conditions including car washing, maintenance and repairs
- Appropriately check/verify that all vehicle repair proposals are correct and make appropriate recommendations
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is up to date with insurance, and other relevant regulations according to the requirements of the Traffic Act in Uganda
- Report any car accident to the nearest police station, or nearest local authority of the area and keep field/Kampala office informed of such accidents
- Ensure that the vehicle’s daily log sheets are filled correctly prior to departure and after every trip, make sure that vehicle movement authorization is obtained from the relevant person for every movement.
- Tally monthly vehicle fuel consumption report, repair and services report etc.
- Ensure that the vehicle’s tools and spare wheel are kept in the vehicle and in good order at all times in accordance to TNS policy.
- Ensure that TechnoServe’s vehicles are not used for personal business
- Demonstrates transparency and accountability in all areas of work
- Provide clerical support including banking or messenger services and any other roles as assigned by your supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Job Category: Operations
- Requisition Number: DRIVE004162
- Posted: January 22, 2024
- Locations: Kampala, Uganda
- The applicant should have completed “O” or “A” Level certificate. Possession of a certificate course (mechanical, logistics, business or customer care) or a diploma is an added advantage.
- Ability to be hands on and examine and assess car repairs including the following attributes:
- Possession of a clean and current valid driving license with at least a minimum of two classes (DM, DL, CM and B) held for at least three years.
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience with INGO, development agencies or busy private sector environment
- Basic computer literacy is desirable
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- High levels of integrity are essential
- Ability to work independently
- Multi-tasking, passionate and self-driven
- Ready to travel to the field from time to time.
How to Apply TechnoServe Driver Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: February 04, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Pathfinder International Compliance Officer Jobs 2024
- CRS Country Representative Jobs 2024
- UNDP National Project Officer Jobs 2024
- DRC Human Resource and Administration Assistant Jobs 2024
- DRC Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2024
- DRC Protection Assistant Jobs 2024
- IRC Digital Archivist Jobs 2024
- UNDP Field Security Associate Jobs 2024
- NRC Education Specialist Jobs 2024