IRC Humanitarian Access Safety and Security Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IRC Ethiopia looking for “Humanitarian Access Safety and Security Manager”.
Applicants with a BA Degree may apply on or before December 24, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on December 09, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Humanitarian Access Safety and Security Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Safety and Security Management Planning
- Provide technical support to the Country Program on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity.
- Develop, review and update the IRC Ethiopia Security Management Plan on a regular basis. Ensure all field locations have updated and relevant Security Management Plans, including context-specific Security Risk Assessment. Reference and ensure compliance to IRC Security Management Framework within the SMP and all annexes.
- Work with Security and Access Coordinator to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
- Evaluate, review, and update the evacuation plans for all IRC offices and residences in Ethiopia, and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved.
- Conduct risk Assessments of contracted and prospective offices and residences. Follow up on actions to be taken to ensure compliance with safety and security standards.
- Undertake continual Assessment of equipment, and the protocols by which that equipment is used, to ensure that minimal conditions for security are being met.
Building Acceptance to empower and expand humanitarian programming.
- Develop ongoing relationships with community elders and other power brokers within Ethiopia. Work to ensure that IRC, its mission, and work within Ethiopia is known and accepted. Work to encourage stakeholders to work with the IRC in ensuring that staff and programs are safe and allowed to continue humanitarian activities.
- Provide technical input and advice in assessments to consider new IRC programs in new geographic areas, and technical input in the writing of new program proposals as required.
- In coordination with Security and Access Coordinator, liaise with relevant security actors e.g., NGO Security Focal Points, other NGO security coordinators, and region UNDSS contacts.
- Work to ensure that IRC, its mission, and work within Ethiopia is known and accepted.
Monitoring, Analysis and Supervision
- Identify, establish and manage context appropriate approach to assure IRC facilities are secure – i.e., third party security companies or directly hired IRC security guards.
- Compile and submit monthly security reporting that track incidents and trends within the IRC’s area of operation. Submit daily contextual updates as needed.
- Work closely with IRC teams in Ethiopia to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately. Ensure also that final incident reports are provided when IRC is closing the case.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req47222
- Job Title: Humanitarian Access Safety, and Security Manager
- Sector: Safety & Security
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- BA/MA graduate in Law, Political Science and International Relations, Peace Studies, Security Studies, or related social science fields.
- A minimum of 4 years of non-profit or NGO work experience within international humanitarian assistance programs with demonstrated capabilities in planning, organizing and executing security operations in the field.
- Understanding of humanitarian principles, codes of conduct and ideally, specific sub-sector work linked to NGO field operations contexts.
- Substantial and documented, prior experience as a trainer and training skills – the ability to develop, implement, facilitate, and impart learning to a wide range of audiences.
- Fluent in English, local language is a plus.
How to Apply IRC Humanitarian Access Safety and Security Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47222?c=rescue
The Closing Date: December 24, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.