TechnoServe Microenterprise Specialist Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
TechnoServe Uganda looking for “Microenterprise Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 10, 2024.
TechnoServe was founded by Ed Bullard in 1968 to help hardworking people in the developing world lift themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty. Ed was captivated by the spirit and character of the Ghanaian people. But he was appalled by the depth of poverty that surrounded him. A businessman, Ed understood that the contrast between this poverty and his own prosperity came not from any innate difference between himself and a poor Ghanaian farmer.
The TechnoServe has published a job vacancy announcement on January 26, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Microenterprise Specialist to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
TechnoServe Job Vacancy 2024
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
Micro Youth Entrepreneurs 388
- Adapt appropriate curriculum to targeted groups
- Lead team to deliver training to including input suppliers, soil testing services, nurseries, and other youth employment opportunity activities
- Adapt approach as needed to ensure youth entrepreneurs increase sales according to similar program benchmarks
Processor fee-for-service extension agents (75)
- Adapt appropriate TechnoServe training for delivery to commercial farmer-suppliers of Vanilla processors
- Develop and execute Training of Trainers for processor-supervised extension agents and support the establishment of a viable fee-for-service business model
- Coach and support extension agents to train commercial farmers
Commercial Farmers (400)
- In coordination with Business Sustainability and Upgrading Specialists, lead:
- managerial capacity building of producer organizations, including five-year business plans
- Improved member relations and services of producer organizations
- managerial capacity building of processors
- improve processor capacity in curing and storing
Position in Organization:
- Microenterprise Specialist
- Job Category: Operations
- Requisition Number: MICRO004172
- Posted: January 25, 2024
- Locations: Kampala, Uganda
- Degree qualifications in business-related studies required
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Strong project management and some financial analysis skills
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ field and technical experience with agribusiness development, agribusiness experience in Uganda is required
- Experience working with food aggregation and processing, supply chain development, out-grower networks, and knowledge of Market Systems Development approach preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills is a must
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Proven ability and experience working with teams will be an added advantage
- Fluency in English required
- Female and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply TechnoServe Microenterprise Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: February 10, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- TechnoServe Associate Agronomy Advisor Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Senior Finance Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNHCR Assistant Public Health Officer Jobs 2024
- NRC Education Coordinator Jobs 2024
- WHO Driver Jobs 2024
- IRC Transport Manager Jobs 2024
- TechnoServe Driver Jobs 2024
- Pathfinder International Compliance Officer Jobs 2024