UN Habitat Advocacy and Knowledge Management Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Advocacy and Knowledge Management Consultant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 18 April 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Advocacy and Knowledge Management Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and identify strategic advocacy opportunities to advance and position the Team’s work on SDG localization, local governments and multilevel governance, in line with the Agency’s corporate priorities.
- Prepare the necessary documentation for the organization and planning of events and workshops, including for the mobilization of partners and participants (coordination; logistics etc).
- Provide technical guidance to the preparation of concept notes, tailoring substance and innovating narrative.
- Identify, propose and mobilize relevant speakers and participants to take part in the team’s advocacy efforts
- Monitor the UN-led intergovernmental process development and propose practical action plans for engagement
- Prepare talking points, session scenarios and all necessary documentation to support Senior Management’s participation in events and workshops
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Public Affairs, Political Science, Social Sciences, Urban Studies Social Sciences, Communications, Development Studies or other relevant area is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience on issues related to sustainable development, urban planning, local development and project management is required.
- Working experience on the Agenda 2030 and the local implementation of the SDGs is desirable.
Fluency in English is required for this specific consultancy. Knowledge of another UN official language, specifically Spanish (written and oral), is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Advocacy and Knowledge Management Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 18 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs