Save the Children Head of Health and Nutrition Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Uganda looking for “Head of Health and Nutrition”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before January 01, 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, was established in the United Kingdom in 1919 to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on December 09, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Head of Health and Nutrition to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2024
- Lead the development of multi-year ambitious yet practical thematic strategy in health and nutrition, including Reproductive, Maternal, New-born, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition, including Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies (IYCF-E) and Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH), policy advocacy and community/children mobilization in the programme and policy designs in line with 2022-2024 Save the Children’s Country Strategic Plan for Uganda programme.
- Lead technically and work with other PDQ and operations teams to design and implement high-quality, cost-effective, innovative, and sustainable project proposals and concept notes in line with the 2022-2024 Country Strategic Plan and Country Annual Plans.
- Lead technically and oversee the development and achievement of ambitious, practical health and nutrition plans as part of the Country Annual Plans with learnings from programme delivery, good practices, and donor interests.
- Seek strategic linkage, wherever applicable, with other thematic areas of the Uganda programme i.e. child protection, CRG, Education, Youth, and Livelihood for developing integrated programmes for hard to reach children in Uganda through a direct implementation and/or partner.
- Ensure that children participate in programme and policy designs at all levels.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 4957
- Job Category: Programme, Development and Quality
- Posting Date: 12/08/2024, 02:24 PM
- Apply Before: 01/01/2024, 05:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Kampala
- Qualified clinical health professional.
- Master in public health or paediatrics or a related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant technical health and nutrition experience, including at senior level.
- Proven experience developing and managing high-quality, innovative, cost-effective technical maternal and child health projects, including in fragile and insecure environments and with International NGOs.
- Proven experience in writing up high-quality donor reports and proposals.
- Knowledge of current global and regional debates on universal coverage and quality of maternal, new-born, child and adolescent health and nutrition policies and models, global targets and evidence-based strategies for achieving maternal, new-born and child health.
- Demonstrated ability to work in health and nutrition programmes in collaboration with national health ministries and international partners.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience solving complex issues through analysis, and definition of a clear way forward.
- English fluency (verbal and written) required
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international and matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Ability to travel in the districts 30% of the time.
How to Apply Save the Children Head of Health and Nutrition Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: January 01, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- RSCE Associate Legal Officer Jobs 2024
- UNDOS Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
- PACT Technical Program Director Jobs 2023
- IUCN Senior Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Director of Finance and Administration Jobs 2023
- DRC Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs 2023
- DRC Regional Grants Specialist Jobs 2024