UN Habitat INTERN – Geographic Information System Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “INTERN – Geographic Information System”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 14 June 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat INTERN – Geographic Information System Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of INTERN – Geographic Information System to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of a Programme Management Officer, Urban Mobility, the intern will:
- Perform desk-based data capturing by applying digitizing, data entry and georeferencing techniques.
- Prepare maps to support monitoring of SDG 11.2 “Access to public transport”.
- Support the expansion and analysis of datasheets on Access to Public Transport.
- Support tracking of the impact of UN-Habitat Urban Mobility programmes and projects.
- Assist in data processing through data cleaning and validation following field surveys.
Qualification & Experience:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Knowledge of the use and importance of GIS for urban issues and technical GIS skills (e.g. for creating digital surveys, generating maps including interactive ones, etc.) is required.
- Excellent skills in tools used in data cleaning, analysis, and visualization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat INTERN – Geographic Information System Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.