UN Habitat INTERN – Urban Mobility Policy Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “INTERN – Urban Mobility Policy”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 14 June 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat INTERN – Urban Mobility Policy Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of INTERN – Urban Mobility Policy to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
The recruited Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer of the Urban Mobility team, the intern will:
- Provide technical support to ongoing urban mobility initiatives, with a focus on urban mobility policies.
- Develop and review urban mobility proposals, with a focus on Sustainable Mobility Policies and Plans.
- Support the team in the review of mobility commitments in global policy frameworks such as the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement.
- Develop professional communication materials, including layout and design for urban mobility publications and documents.
- Undertake desk research on the latest academic and policy pathways towards and best practices for innovative urban mobility, and produce written briefs and reports that feed into the team’s ongoing projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent).
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe).
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Experience in in urban planning, international development, sustainability, political science, or a related field is required.
- Experience in interacting well with people of various social and cultural backgrounds in an occasionally stressful environment is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat INTERN – Urban Mobility Policy Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.