UN Women National Communications and Advocacy Consultant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UN Women Ethiopia looking for “National Communications and Advocacy Consultant“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 9th July 2023.
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
The UN Women has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st July 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of National Communications and Advocacy Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UN Women Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Liaison Specialist and overall guidance of the Special Representative, the consultant will be responsible for leading and supporting the design, planning and implementation of the communication and visibility initiatives of the Liaison Office.
- Develop comprehensive communication and visibility action Plan for the Liaison Office
- Coordinate the implementation of visibility, communications, and outreach activities with partners.
- Support and work closely with Communications and Advocacy Team from UN Women regional offices and HQ to manage, evaluate, and implement high impact communications’ products (e.g. web, electronic, etc.).
- Coordinate the implementation of visibility, communications, and outreach activities with partners
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of programme achievements.
- Monitor and evaluate communication and visibility campaigns.
- Track progress against established work plans and outputs.
- Write and/or disseminate press releases, policy briefs, pamphlets, talking points, speeches, editorials, branded materials, and other written communications materials.
- Provide communications and advocacy support to joint regional campaigns, launching initiatives, and publications.
- Develop and support management of relationships with members of the media.
- Design and maintain a digital presence, including robust social media footprint for the liaison Office Initiative.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with various stakeholders and actors engaged in communication and advocacy work.
Position in Organization:
- National Communications and Advocacy Consultant
- Location : Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA
- Application Deadline : 09-Jul-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left : 8d 18h 7m
- Additional Category : Gender Equality
- Type of Contract : Individual Contract
- Post Level : National Consultant
- Languages Required : English
- Starting Date : 17-Jul-2023
- (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
- Duration of Initial Contract : 6 Months
- Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 Months
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in Communications and Technology, Mass Media, Journalism or a related Social Science in a recognized university.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the development and implementation of communication Strategies.
- Experience in developing communications and advocacy strategy documents with clear implementation plan and key milestones.
- Experience working in communications and advocacy with Institutional bodies and UN system is an asset.
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in developing strategies and community of practices, virtual platforms.
- Experience in using technology as a medium for communication.
- Experience working on communications and advocacy with intergovernmental institutions including UN system and AU is an asset.
How to Apply UN Women National Communications and Advocacy Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=113080
The Closing Date: 9th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.