UNDOS Procurement Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNDOS Uganda looking for “Procurement Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before January 05, 2024.
The Department of Operational Support (DOS) provides operational support to all UN Secretariat entities, including advisory, operational and transactional support services and, where needed, exercises delegated authority on behalf of clients. DOS supports the entire UN Secretariat, consisting of almost 100 entities located around the globe.
The UNDOS has published a job vacancy announcement on December 09, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Officer to be based in Entebbe, Uganda.
UNDOS Job Vacancy 2024
Within the limits of delegated authority, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as a senior procurement and contracting expert with responsibility for the world-wide procurement of a wide variety of supplies and services associated with highly complex (technically and legally) contracts and procurement activities; may lead procurement work for a segment of a central or large field operations.
- Provides technical advice on procurement activities to officials of substantive units during all phases of the procurement cycle.
- Analyzes and evaluates procurement requests and ensures appropriateness of technical specifications.
- Develops and prepares highly complex contracts for procurement of non-routine and technologically advanced commodities or long-range services; issues international tender invitations; evaluates responses to tender, and makes recommendations for finalization of purchases and award of contracts; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and, in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Develops new tactical approaches to contracts, as well as new methods for their application, based on market research.
- Contributes to development of category management strategy for the UN, institutional procurement policies and procedures; develops standards and criteria for the evaluation of goods, services, supplier capacity, etc.
- Maintains under constant examination production patterns in exporting countries; evaluates the productive capacities and performance of manufacturers to identify supply sources.
- Establishes approaches for negotiations and conducts or coordinates all phases of negotiations with all concerned parties, including the negotiation of disputes arising from contracts.
- May carry out consultancy missions to the field.
- Provides direction and guidance to more junior staff.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Job – Specific Qualification:
- Professional certification in supply chain such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification (CIPS Level 4) or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in conducting international tender exercises during the last five years is desirable.
- Experience in public sector procurement or related administrative processes and procedures is desirable.
- Experience in the use of procurement information systems such as SAP is desirable.
- Experience working in procurement process and procedures in support of a field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping operations, special political missions, agencies funds and programmes), or other similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience supervising a team is desirable.
- Experience in developing strategy for category management is desirable.
- Experience in sourcing, cleaning and preparing data, selection and developing visualization/metrics in transportation, procurement, and/or supply chain management that enable easy communication/interpretation by the users is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Posting Title: PROCUREMENT OFFICER, P4
- Job Code Title: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
- Department/ Office: Department of Operational Support
- Location: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 7 December 2023-5 January 2024
- Job Opening number: 23-PRO-DOS-221698-R-ENTEBBE (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
How to Apply UNDOS Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mc3LqAbvrZ5ioxkDXk79khL_oqiubSbv/view
The Closing Date: January 05, 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- PACT Technical Program Director Jobs 2023
- IUCN Senior Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Director of Finance and Administration Jobs 2023
- DRC Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs 2023
- DRC Regional Grants Specialist Jobs 2024
- DRC HR and Administration Intern Jobs 2023
- NRC Head of Support Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- NRC Grants Manager Jobs 2023