UNICEF South Sudan looking for “WASH Specialist”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 29th January 2024.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th January 2024 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of WASH Specialist to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
Purpose: Under the general guidance of the Chief of WASH Section, supports the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH interventions under the country programme. The post will lead the Urban Pillar in providing leadership on development/ emergency nexus with focus on resilience programming, youth engagement, and WASH GBV programming in urban settings.
- Advanced university degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, Urban Planning or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance. Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- Eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in urban WASH programming in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector. Field work experience specific to urban water and sanitation service provision. Experience working with urban water utilities considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Job No: 568937
- Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
- Level: P-4
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF WASH Specialist Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/568937
The Closing Date: 29th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.