UNDP Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNDP Kenya looking for “Humanitarian Affairs Officer”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 09 May 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 02 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Humanitarian Affairs Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the effective management and coordination of the SHF and CERF processes
- Develop and prioritise humanitarian needs analysis to inform allocations
- Participate and support field monitoring visits of SHF funded projects, including undertaking background research, support the collection of data and information and assist in the preparation of field reports
- Support in humanitarian needs prioritization process through analysis, drafting of documents and coordination with stakeholder for the CERF grants
- Manage the CERF application process (coordination with stakeholders and CERF secretariat, application submission, reprogramming, etc.)
- Responsible for the CERF/SHF reporting cycles including After Action Review
- Advanced (Masters) Degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Business Administration or related social sciences.
- A first level university degree with relevant academic qualifications with a combination of 4 years of relevant work experience may exceptionally be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 2 years (with Masters) or 4 years (with Bachelor degree) of progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, project management, budget management, or other related areas
- Experience in the UN common system, humanitarian emergencies in the field, project management/supervision, monitoring and evaluation, and administration is desirable
- Experience in drafting project documents and guidelines pertaining to humanitarian assistance are desirable
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 09 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.