UNDP Programme Analyst Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNDP Zimbabwe looking for “Programme Analyst“. Applicants with a degree in Master’s degree may apply on or before April 13, 2023.
In support of the Government of Zimbabwe, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has embarked on the implementation of a five-year Country Programme Document (CPD) 2016-2020.
UNDP focuses on areas that have a multiplier effect through a targeted build-up of capacities, policies, the creation of dialogue space, and scalable downstream interventions. Proposed downstream interventions will seek to provide platforms for citizen engagement in democratic processes and facilitate access to skills, knowledge and new technologies for increased income generation.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on April 05, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Analyst to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Supporting the implementation and monitoring of #WBA country-level activities as per the strategy and work plan to be developed including.
- Monitor and share information about LGBTI-related issues and activities in Zimbabwe, including actions and statements by parliamentarians, civil servants, the judiciary, important influencers, and civil society;
- Convening of Implementing Partners and coordination of their activities;
- Preparation of policy briefs, speaking notes, PowerPoint presentations and similar tools;
- Development and implementation of #WBA related communications activities, in social and traditional media;
- Drafting concept notes for training workshops.
b) Under the supervision of the Programme Specialist-# WBA, lead in the development of annual workplans and budgets for WBA activities in Zimbabwe each year.
c) Developing virtual and physical advocacy training sessions for Young Key Populations and LGBTI groups using tools such as the Young Key Population Advocacy guide, the Zimbabwe Legal Environment Assessment, and other similar resources.
d) Leading the delivery of virtual and face to face capacity development training for young key populations and LGBTI groups.
e) Developing materials and conduct online sessions to prepare young key populations and LGBTI for effective participation in regional events including SADC, ACHPR, and AU meetings.
f) Documenting and producing lessons learned on national and regional young key population and LGBTI advocacy capacity interventions.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 9687
- Locations: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Posting Date: 04/05/2023, 11:54 AM
- Apply Before: 04/13/2023, 09:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-9
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Health
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: English
- Desired Languages: Shona or Ndebele
- Vacancy Timeline: 1 Week
- Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
- Master’s degree in Law, Public Health, Development Studies, or related fields or;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law, Public Health, Development Studies, or related fields in combination with four additional years of qualifying experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years with Master’s Degree or 4 years with bachelor’s degree relevant experience in Health-related and/or LGBTI related projects is a requirement;
- Highly motivated, a pleasant character with good teamwork spirit;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment;
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including LGBTI, and authorities at different levels;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision and ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Systematic and organized, with an ability to be flexible and adaptive;
- Strong writing skills, coordination and liasing capabilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; culturally and socially sensitive;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Previous UNDP/LPP experience would be an added advantage;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Knowledge of the national languages would be an asset.
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills. Knowledge of the national languages Shona or Ndebele would be an asset.
How to Apply UNDP Programme Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/job/9687
The Closing Date: April 13, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.