UNDP Senior Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNDP Kenya looking for “Senior Advisor”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 02 June 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the UN RC, and direct liaison with the Head of RCO, the Senior Advisor will oversee the effective coordination and implementation of the new expanded and successful SDG Partnership Platform (comprising of approximately 5-6 staff members including UNV/IUNV) that will support the new UNSDCF in Kenya.
- In support of the UNCT Kenya, support review of the overall design of the Platform with governance & management structures to support the overarching new UNSDCF structures, outcomes and linkages
- Support design of additional priority SDG Accelerator windows of the Platform to respond to updated UN-Government priorities and emerging thematic opportunities and joint programs including the Platform’s relevant Steering Committees and the Fund Board and Secretariat.
- Support review, set up and innovation of the Platform’s future multistakeholder structures, funding and sustainability with the objective of UNSDCF-UNCT joint resource mobilisation.
- As required, assist to review and refine the Multi Partner Trust Fund and funding flows for the Platform in collaboration with senior leadership including the RCO team, SDG Partnership Platform governance, and the MTPF Office in New York in preparation for rolling into the UN Kenya Fund.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Development Financing Institutions, Business Administration, International Relations or another relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Masters Degree.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (with a Master’s degree) in private sector development including financing involvement in philanthropy is required.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience (with a Bachelor’s degree) in private sector development including financing involvement in philanthropy is required.
- UN system experience in East Africa is desirable
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Senior Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.