UNDP South Sudan looking for “Travel Assistant”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 09th February 2024.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 26th January 2024 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Travel Assistant to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Provide information to staff on travel including entitlements, travel route and hotel arrangements. Process travel authorizations and claims in line with travel entitlements for staff, consultants, UN and visitors, ensuring that the travel arrangement follow the UN rules of most direct route and competitive prices.
- Make hotel reservations for visiting UN/UNDP officials. Arrange for airport pick-up of high-level officials and provide support to expedite customs and immigration procedures, as necessary.
- Process Purchase Orders for travel (tickets and DSA) in ERP. Ensure availability of budget according to PTAEO.
- Prepare routine correspondence, memoranda and reports in accordance with Country Office Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
2) Contribute to implementation of cost-competitive sourcing strategy in the Country Office.
- Collect and analyze information on market situation in travel service area. Conduct surveys and biddings of travel services.
- Support the conducting of Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) surveys and hotel surveys. Analyze and prepare reports on most competitive prices and service quality of hotels. Submit reports to HQ and distribute Hotel list to all UN agencies.
- Implement cost saving measures through negotiation with travel service provider, arrangement of the most economic route, and appropriate itinerary.
- Prepare LTAs for travel and hotel services on behalf of UN Agencies.
3) Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Country Office.
- Participate in and assist in organizing training for the programme, operations and projects staff on procurement and travel.
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organization
- Follow-up with contracted travel agent to ensure provision of high-quality professional service and most competitive price.
- Bachelors or High School Diploma in administration, procurement and/or travel service is required.
- Minimum of 5 years (with high school diploma) or 2 years with bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel
- And knowledge of web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Job Identification: 15851
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Grade: G4
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 10 months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Travel Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 09th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.