UNECA Anchored Pharmaceutical Consultants Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Anchored Pharmaceutical Consultants“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced Degree may apply on or before 13th June 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 8th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Anchored Pharmaceutical Consultants to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support continuous improvement of the in-country pharmaceutical operations of the AfCFTA anchored Pharmaceutical Initiative (Pharma Initiative) by facilitating the assessment of organizational compliance with Essential Medicines List and related Policy pharmaceutical documents and guidelines as well as universally endorsed protocols and standards for pharmaceutical management;
- Regularly perform supportive duties within respective Pharma Initiative Participating countries in order to assist, advise, train, and build the capacity of National Regulatory Agencies (NRA) as well as provide logistical and program staff on all components of the pharmaceutical supply chain management,
- Provide continuous and regular support to respective country teams during the planning and implementation of different pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply chain management tools and systems of the Pharma Initiative,
- Assist the Pharma Initiative in compiling and collecting data for pooled procurement mechanism and local manufacturers frameworks,
- Strengthen the compliance and standards of implementation in line with host country guidelines, protocols, and standards in response to gaps identified based on the technical assessments,
- Work with the Pharma Initiative Technical Team to facilitate medical commodities production and procurement using best practices and guidelines.
- Assist in designing and delivering national training courses for AfCFTA-anchored Pharmaceutical Initiative to be delivered at regional and continental level based on a capacity needs assessment of participating countries’ pharmaceutical production, regulatory and supply chain programs;
- Support and respond to requests and enquiries concerning pharmaceutical management by country programs by undertaking relevant research and capacity building of team members during field visits, remote support, and other capacity building requirements.
- Participate in and support the implementation of AfCFTA anchored Pharmaceutical Initiative in the respective country utilizing technology where possible in line COVID-10 realities.
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings and communications for sharing evidence-based best practice in respective pilot countries.
- Participate and represent respective countries and ECA during respective Forums, meetings and networking platforms on pharmaceutical and drugs management and technical issues;
- Develop quarterly work plans and reports to share with respective countries and AfCFTA- anchored Pharmaceutical Initiative Technical Teams.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: RITD/RINS -National AfCFTA-anchored Pharmaceutical Consultants
Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
Posting Period: 07 June 2023 – 13 June 2023
Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-209362-Consultant
Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced degree in pharmaceutical sciences is required. Pharmacist with MPH preferred.
- A minimum 5 years experience in the field of Public Health/Health Services and related pharmaceutical industry and supply chain management, and monitoring is necessary.
How to Apply UNECA Anchored Pharmaceutical Consultants Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=209362
The Closing Date: 13th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.