UNECA Chief Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Chief“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 13th Aug 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 1st July 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Chief to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Chief of Systems-Wide Coherence and Quality Assurance Section will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop Quality Assurance checklists for all major outputs of the Commission, to make future quality assessments more objective, by agreeing with programme managers on the key quality dimensions to focus on prior to programme and project implementation;
- Undertake quality assurance of ECA’s knowledge products especially flagship publications and other outputs, activities and events;
- Facilitate work on the implementation of the UN regional reforms in ECA including working with the Regional
- Collaborative Platform (RCP) and other UN agencies like the Office of the Special Adviser on Africa (OSAA) and UNDESA;
- Facilitate strong working and results oriented relationship with key regional partners, in particular the African Union (AU) and its agencies including AUDA-NEPAD and the African Development Bank (AfDB);
- Ensure coherence and effective coordination in ECA’s work at the national, regional and international levels;
- Interface on the work of ECA with statutory and policy organ institutions and bodies of the United Nations;
- Undertake and oversee the production of analytical work, research and policy papers and knowledge products related to the work of the section;
- Organize workshops, meetings and conferences relevant to the work of the Section.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Chief, Systems-Wide Coherence and Quality Assurance Section, P5
- Job Code Title: Chief of Section, Programme Management
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 30 June 2023 – 13 August 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Programme Management-ECA-212836-R-Addis Ababa (G)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, international relations, political science, public administration, social sciences or related fields is required. A first-level or advanced degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in any fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree in the specified fields of studies.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme planning and management, including log frame development and analysis is required.
- Relevant experience in an international organization or an African institution is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Chief Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=212836
The Closing Date: 13th Aug 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.