UNECA Consultant to carry out the Africa WSIS Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Consultant to carry out the Africa WSIS“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 14th June 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Consultant to carry out the Africa WSIS to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the Director of Technology, Climate Change & Natural Resource Management Division (TCND) and the supervision of the Chief of the Technology and Innovation Section, the Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- In consultation with the Section, the consultant will develop a work plan of the assignment, indicating a clear list of deliverables, deadlines with a proposed selected country experiences in implementing WSIS across specified Action Lines.
- Review progress made in 2022 in the implementation of the WSIS outcomes for Africa’s transformation and meeting the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals and the AU Agenda 2063, including with focus on specific country examples.
- Carry out the WSIS+20 review featuring a section with Africa’s proposals and priorities for inclusion in the Global Digital Compact in terms of the shared principles for an open, free and secure digital future for all.
- Compile and submit the overall Africa WSIS review document which will include the above outputs with policy recommendations and priorities for the Africa annual WSIS implementation reviews, Africa’s role in the Global Digital Compact, the WSIS+20 and beyond agenda.
- Provide policy recommendations for consideration by African policy- and decision-makers in harnessing digital technologies for inclusive and sustainable development.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: TCND/ Consultant to carry out the Africa WSIS and WSIS +20 Review and Africa’s contribution to the proposed Global Digital Compact
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 16 May 2023 – 14 June 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-209053-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in information and communication technologies (ICT), information management, or development studies or related field or other relevant area is required. A Bachelor’s degree in information and communication technologies (ICT), information management, or development studies or related field of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of either practical substantive experience in undertaking research, providing advice and supporting governments in the field of information and communication technologies at national or regional level is required.
- Experience in digital strategies, policies, legal and regulatory frameworks towards building a digital economy at national level or sub-regional and regional level is desirable.
- Experience in ICT policy research including in preparing policy, legal and regulatory frameworks for the digital economy in a developing country is desirable.
How to Apply UNECA Consultant to carry out the Africa WSIS Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=209053
The Closing Date: 14th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.